Ann Arbor, MI

Posted November 29, 2011
RAGHHH !! THIS SCHOOL ROCKS THE SOCKS OFF OF CHUCK NORRIS !!!! OMG OMG OMG IT'S JUST THAT AWSOME!

Pioneer High School 1

Posted November 27, 2011
My son was attending this school but was essentially kicked out for making rookie mistakes during his freshman year. They completely threw him under the bus and the principal told my son and myself that if he returned to their school he would fail. The law in Michigan is that administrators have the power to do this and I disagree. I am a tax paying citizen and I deserve to have my child attend the school that I want him to attend instead of being forced to attend an alternative school that is 20 minutes away in a completely different city. The alternative school is like a prison. It is smaller than an elementary school, there are no sports teams and my child is not allowed to participate in any activities at his "home" school Pioneer because the principal is "vehemently opposed" to my student (he said this in front of me and my son). My son has no behavioral problems he failed two classes and he made one up during summer school but they still want to bully him. The administrators at both schools probably think that we don't know what we're doing and that they've gotten away with something by doing what they did but they are in for a big surprise. We will prevail.

Pioneer High School 3

Posted March 06, 2011
My eldest went 9th and 10 grade to Pioneer. She was over whelmed ( due to the size and the set up of the mini college campus atmosphere) I felt this would help her out of HS and best to adjust now. She never did. They tried to be accommodating but grew weary fast into the school year. The shy, under achievers get ignored quickly and they will focus their attention on the faster paced, better behaves children. The Special Ed was non existent. The music and drama classes/courses was awesome however. There was and still is LARGE amount of bullying and out of control behaviors the kids find ways to get away with. I got a lot of "our hands are tied" :were trying with what were allowed to do" when complained. the busing system using public transit as a means of transportation was a bad idea.

Pioneer High School 1

Posted August 19, 2010
Elitist and overrated. It is a decent high school but it is really very average and the snob/ bully effect is widespread.

Pioneer High School 3

Posted April 28, 2010
Pioneer is over rated. There are a lot of very light weight classes (known as slacker classes) and the music program is only good for elite musicians. It's very excluding and both my kids dropped out of it. There are a lot of extracurricular activites and that is good. But there are a lot of invisible kids there that are overshadowed by the high performers.

Posted October 03, 2009
I moved here my Senior year. As hard as that may seem it wasn't hard to do it here at all. I had also moved my Junior year, so this was my 3rd High School. At my school my junior year I didn't ever feel comfortable there. I felt comfortable at Pioneer during the first week of school. Its just not very cliquey and everyone is just so welcoming.

Posted October 03, 2009
Pioneer is one of the best schools in the nation. What they have to offer is stunning. The teachers and Administration are top-notch.

Posted September 16, 2009
The music program is amazing - professional, top quality, challenging and yet supportive, high expectations with plenty of encouragement to reach the goals. Good music instruction has been shown to support skills in mathematics and other academic subjects. It is just the best of the best!

Posted September 16, 2009
Pioneer High School's commitment to continuous school improvement to help each student excel.

Posted September 13, 2009
My three children all attended Pioneer and had AP classes and great extracurricular classes. All were accepted by competitive colleges. The oldest is currently getting a Ph.D. at U of M. We moved here for the schools and I don't think you will find better public schools. Because of the size of Pioneer, my children have been undaunted by being at universities and facing competition. They also had excellent help from the counseling department at Pioneer - often going above and beyond to help.

Pioneer High School
601 West Stadium Boulevard, Ann Arbor, MI  48103
Last modified Pioneer High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pioneer High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top