Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Had a lot of fun at Huron. met some good friends, met some good teachers, learned a lot.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Could easily tell there were a handful of teachers that were checked out. There were mostly good ones, but the bad ones were very bad.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Definitely not enough homework. I got away with a lot there. Needs to be more strict.

I only spent my sophomore year here before demanding to be transferred out. Every single experience I had in or with this school has been a miserable one. The school is overcrowded, the building is filthy, and the students were so out of control that even the good teachers i had just gave up halfway through the first semester. Not to mention the administration is so convoluted, god help you if you ever find yourself needing to get a hold of anyone. If you or your child care at all about academics in high school, send them anywhere but Huron.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I think the teachers would have been more effective if they had been able to control the classes, and not be trying to teach over students shouting at each other from across the room.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Example: Someone in my World History class stole a stack of graded essays off the student teacher's desk. They weren't even our class's papers, so I have no idea what the student was planning on doing with them.

I have had no good experiences at this school. The counsellors do not care about me at all (mine is never actually in the school), very few teachers actually know my name, and I have not been challenged academically once since I have attended Huron. I guess the only classes you actually learn anything in are AP. The student body as a whole is incredibly ignorant; one of the worst groups of kids I have ever been around. My advice: if you are considering Huron and you want to have a good high school experience, do not go here.

This is an excellent high school. Many students go on to college with a academic scholarship. The teachers and grade level principals value every students sucees and are always willing to help.

While this school is great in some aspects, the teachers are either hit or miss. I have had some truly amazing teachers who really did their job well. On the other hand, there are some teachers that were clearly there to get their ten year and muddle through the next 30 years. Additionally, due to the amount of students, if you don't stand out in your counselor's mind they do basically nothing for you and make it very difficult to get any classes changed around without a parent present to pressure them into doing what they should be able to handle with the students. Great opportunities for those who want to take advanced classes, but depending on the teacher the student will need to be able to take control of teaching themselves a class.

At Huron, I met a teacher who changed my life. I wasn't a needy kid or anything. My teacher simply taught the course incredibly well and we got to know each other through class debates. There are friends for everyone here, even kids that might not have had friends in middle school. Everyone can find their little niche of people to hang out with--and there's no shortage of clubs to meet new people. It's a little overcrowded and lots of swearing goes on in the hallway, not to mention there is violence waiting for those who seek it, but I *love* Huron.

Last modified Huron High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.