Ann Arbor, MI
Students enrolled: 1,612

Huron High School 1

Posted February 12, 2014
I have had no good experiences at this school. The counsellors do not care about me at all (mine is never actually in the school), very few teachers actually know my name, and I have not been challenged academically once since I have attended Huron. I guess the only classes you actually learn anything in are AP. The student body as a whole is incredibly ignorant; one of the worst groups of kids I have ever been around. My advice: if you are considering Huron and you want to have a good high school experience, do not go here.

Posted August 29, 2013
This is an excellent high school. Many students go on to college with a academic scholarship. The teachers and grade level principals value every students sucees and are always willing to help.

Posted June 12, 2012
While this school is great in some aspects, the teachers are either hit or miss. I have had some truly amazing teachers who really did their job well. On the other hand, there are some teachers that were clearly there to get their ten year and muddle through the next 30 years. Additionally, due to the amount of students, if you don't stand out in your counselor's mind they do basically nothing for you and make it very difficult to get any classes changed around without a parent present to pressure them into doing what they should be able to handle with the students. Great opportunities for those who want to take advanced classes, but depending on the teacher the student will need to be able to take control of teaching themselves a class.

Posted February 01, 2011
At Huron, I met a teacher who changed my life. I wasn't a needy kid or anything. My teacher simply taught the course incredibly well and we got to know each other through class debates. There are friends for everyone here, even kids that might not have had friends in middle school. Everyone can find their little niche of people to hang out with--and there's no shortage of clubs to meet new people. It's a little overcrowded and lots of swearing goes on in the hallway, not to mention there is violence waiting for those who seek it, but I *love* Huron.

Huron High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
I attended this school when is was brand new - was in teh very first graduating class in 1970. My son now attends and I see that a lot of things need either replacing or repaired or provided.

Posted December 02, 2009

Posted October 24, 2009
Ann Arbor Huron is indeed a fantastic school with highly intelligent, passionate teachers. As a college student who underachieved in high school, I was amazed to find how easy college is. I'm not currently at a prestigious university, but a college that is renowned for producing well-prepared students, and I'm breezing through the curriculum here and looking to transfer. While not every teacher is competent, most are beyond competent and prepared to assist any student looking to push themselves. However, I would agree that the single complaint I must put out there: The administration at this school is far too used to being full of kids from wealthy, supportive families. Therefore, they are awful at supporting bright kids who are facing far more problems-of-origin than their peers. Teachers don't have time to deal with these issues, so it has to fall to the administration which is fairly incompetent.

Huron High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
the best academics, art, and music along with an extraordinary counseling staff and admin that puts the kids first. This is the best school in the State, maybe the USA.

Huron High School 5

Posted September 24, 2009
A great place to learn. Wonderful teachers in a wonderful environment.

Huron High School 1

Posted August 23, 2009

Huron High School
2727 Fuller Road, Ann Arbor, MI  48105
(734) 994-2040
Last modified Huron High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huron High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top