Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Huron High School 4

Posted June 09, 2016
Had a lot of fun at Huron. met some good friends, met some good teachers, learned a lot.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 09, 2016
Could easily tell there were a handful of teachers that were checked out. There were mostly good ones, but the bad ones were very bad.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 09, 2016
Definitely not enough homework. I got away with a lot there. Needs to be more strict.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 10, 2015
While the other teachers taught me how to get smart, how to study, how to pass tests, Mr. Sumerton taught me how to grow up. I entered his engineering class as a senior. He taught me to dress nicely, to carry myself with confidence, with poise, to help clean up while the other schools left. In the lab, we always worked in groups, argued with each-other, watched others fool around. He taught me how to lead, how to bring your group together and tell them we'll stay focused, we'll put in work and we'll succeed. There was a sub one day and the class used their hour to slack off and fool around. The next day, when no one could look at his face, he taught us a lesson that will stay. He told us what we do when we think no one is looking speaks the truth of our character. What a teacher - he taught me how to win.

Huron High School 1

Posted August 11, 2015
I only spent my sophomore year here before demanding to be transferred out. Every single experience I had in or with this school has been a miserable one. The school is overcrowded, the building is filthy, and the students were so out of control that even the good teachers i had just gave up halfway through the first semester. Not to mention the administration is so convoluted, god help you if you ever find yourself needing to get a hold of anyone. If you or your child care at all about academics in high school, send them anywhere but Huron.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 11, 2015
I think the teachers would have been more effective if they had been able to control the classes, and not be trying to teach over students shouting at each other from across the room.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 11, 2015
I guess it takes a certain amount to continue showing up here every single day in the vain hope that you might get an education.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 11, 2015
Example: Someone in my World History class stole a stack of graded essays off the student teacher's desk. They weren't even our class's papers, so I have no idea what the student was planning on doing with them.

Huron High School 1

Posted February 12, 2014
I have had no good experiences at this school. The counsellors do not care about me at all (mine is never actually in the school), very few teachers actually know my name, and I have not been challenged academically once since I have attended Huron. I guess the only classes you actually learn anything in are AP. The student body as a whole is incredibly ignorant; one of the worst groups of kids I have ever been around. My advice: if you are considering Huron and you want to have a good high school experience, do not go here.

Huron High School 4

Posted August 29, 2013
This is an excellent high school. Many students go on to college with a academic scholarship. The teachers and grade level principals value every students sucees and are always willing to help.

2727 Fuller Road, Ann Arbor, MI  48105
(734) 994-2040
Last modified Huron High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.