Posted September 22, 2014
Clague isn't technically a STEAM school, but it has a strong emphasis on science, math, and the arts. It's a really terrific school. We've been to three district high school band competitions recently, and the Clague Middle School band and orchestra programs would compete very well at that level. Both of our kids are doing well in advanced math and science courses at Skyline High now (one is a national merit scholarship semi-finalist), and both are still in band because Clague gave them such great preparation for high school.

Posted May 22, 2014
Excellent school..... this is my third child attending Clague and I cannot say enough about the great learning experience each of my children have experienced. Not ONE of my children have experienced ANY bullying or have seen ANY fights. This school is save and well managed with a loving staff of teachers and dedicated principal. Clague also has a huge diverse culture which in my opinion is a huge plus. I honestly cannot imagine sending my children anywhere else.

Clague Middle School 1

Posted January 11, 2014
Worst school E V E R !!!! Victims of bullying are expected to "mentor and redirect" while being physically assaulted. The only way to get justice is to file police reports and press charges - which I do NOT have time or energy for. One of the kids in my son's class sat around and ate his hand without even a pencil in front of him. NO homework. My son was bored out of his mind while fending off delinquents in class and the hallways. A lot of the students have electronic translators because they can't speak English well enough to even participate in class! Don't send your child here unless you can have them walk around with a guard dog.

Posted February 10, 2011
Clague has excellent and enthusiastic staff who care about the success of my children. It's a great school community.

Posted November 08, 2010
Clague teaching, policies, practices, and wonderful diversity have been superb in helping my 7th grader excel. Having considered a private school and chosen Clague instead, we've been happy about how Clague has supported him and some peers in moving quickly along in math classes, much higher than grade-level, Also, music department support for Solo and Ensemble preparation has been amazing. And, other specific teachers have been the best I've witnessed. I can't imagine that between Clague educational support and home, there would not be much difference from very expensive private school options. Great job, Clague!

Posted May 05, 2010

Posted April 27, 2010
I love Clague for the students, who are smart, diverse and dedicated; for the staff, who are also smart, diverse and dedicated; and for the parents, who do a great job of maintaining a strong sense of community at Clague!

Posted April 27, 2010
Their special education teachers are tremendous and do so much with the peer mentoring programs!

Posted April 25, 2010
The staff is very dedicated to it's students and the school is a warm and welcoming place. Kids and teachers are very supportive of each other and there is a high standard put in place. I am a special education teacher and this year I have had the general education population welcome my kids and make them feel safe and like they are apart of the community. This has never happened before! There are some absolutely amazing students at Clague Middle School!

Posted April 24, 2010
Clague is an amazing school with a very dedicated staff. With all the proposed funding cuts, they could really use the help to keep vital programs going.

Clague Middle School
2616 Nixon Road, Ann Arbor, MI  48105
(734) 994-1976
Last modified Clague Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clague Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top