Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted April 28, 2016
Pattengill/Bryant are full of diversity and pride. Our kids love the environment and are excited to be in such an amazingly supportive school with all of their neighborhood friends and families. Pattengill is a focus school and the principle puts together score statistics every year to show how much the test scores have improved to close the gap. It is refreshing to see school educators and leaders help our students not only do the best they can in school but also be the best persons they can be. Don't hesitate to put your child in this school, you will not regret it!

Clifford E. Bryant Community School 2

Posted April 11, 2016
I do not feel children are given enough personal attention at Bryant. It is not a very nurturing environment for my young kids. They are not inspired to learn at this school. They are herded around like cattle and not treated as individuals. Any other Ann Arbor public school is an improvement over Bryant.

Posted August 08, 2015
This is a great school with a diverse student body. The teachers and staff are caring and talented. I like the Bryant and Pattengill lower and upper Elementary organization. I felt more comfortable sending my kindergartener to a school with more kids her age. I wasn't ready for her to be hanging out with 5th graders on the bus. The art and music at this school are amazing!

Posted November 06, 2014
My daughter absolutely loves Bryant! She would sing the school song everyday for the first month of school. I wasn't sure at first how the school would work out. The community, the teachers, the information, the opportunities, the curriculum--it went way above and beyond my expectations. The school and PTO truly embrace technology and social media--no other school in Ann Arbor compares. There's plenty of good diversity. The other parents tend to be well educated and friendly. Do attend events like the coffee/cider & donuts meetings! You will quickly learn there's a whole other world happening inside this school. It makes me want to be in elementary school again. I'm glad we picked Bryant.

Clifford E. Bryant Community School 4

Posted November 03, 2014
These two schools are one of Ann arbor's hidden treasures. This diverse community is preparing our children for life as it is in the world. The education, experiences, and friendships my child is receiving are bar none the greatest option in Ann Arbor. Best of all, my boy loves it too!

Posted January 18, 2011
Bryant has been a great school for my kids. The teachers are enthusiastic and the new principal has brought great new energy to the school. Our attendance boundary is so wide that we have students from all socioeconomic backgrounds and all cultures. I consider this a plus! I have heard that Bryant/Pattengill kids have the easiest transition to Tappan because due to the wide attendance boundary they already know so many more kids than students from other elementaries. My only complaint is a district wide one. They have plenty of programs to serve low performing kids but have nothing specific to offer kids above grade level. This means the quality of learning varies from teacher to teacher. I have talked to many friends at other schools and this complaint seems universal.

Clifford E. Bryant Community School 2

Posted September 27, 2010
We send our daughter to this school and we thought because it is an Ann Arbor school it would have met up to our expectations. Well, that did not happen. I must say the teachers are very nice but the whole problem their is the principal. He is very burnt out and does not seem to care or take into consideration any of his students needs. Especially ones with learning disorders. He doesn't ever check his email and never returns phone calls. It took a week for him to call me back and his answer about a problem that I had was I can't do anything about it. He is very rude. He does not understand how important peoples children are to them. I was very unimpressed and am glad that my daughter will no longer be their next year. Good teachers. Terrible principal.

Posted August 15, 2008
Nurturing school and wonderful education setting for K-2 graders. Warm teachers who care that children learn.

Posted May 06, 2008
I believe Bryant is one of the best kept secrets in Ann Arbor. I love the way Bryant/Pattengill separates grades K-2 at Bryant and 3-5 at Pattengill; it allows each school to specialize in those age groups. The community is very diverse which gives my children comfortable exposure to different languages, cultures, abilities and income--a beautiful thing at this young age! There are 5-7 teachers for each grade which helps the school match each child with the teacher who fits your child best. We've had great teachers. Most go above and beyond the call of duty to offer creative, enriching experiences for kids of all abilities. My 3 kids have thrived at Bryant and Pattengill, and my oldest is soaring through middle school socially and academically. I have zero concerns about their preparation for the competitive Ann Arbor middle and high schools. Vist and you'll see!

Clifford E. Bryant Community School 3

Posted April 11, 2008
Bryant has some good things, and some bad things. The principal is very good, very caring and staff is emotionally supportive in general, but everything is too busy, and some staff slide a little tooo much, having been theree a long time. The student body is very diverse, and that is enjooyable, but sometimes the staff is too easy on some of the kids. The curriculum is very good.

Clifford E. Bryant Community School
2150 Santa Rosa Drive, Ann Arbor, MI  48108
Last modified Clifford E. Bryant Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-2