Ann Arbor, MI
Before care: Yes

Logan Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2014
The leadership at this school is abysmal. The principal has lied straight to my face, and does not fight for the children. Instead, she's focused on her own agenda, whatever that may be. This school is also big on negative reinforcement, which does NOT work for my children. Reward them positively and they will thrive! If you only focus on the negative, they will quickly spiral downhill! My children came from another school within the district where they thrived. They were star students, and were loved by their teachers. At Logan, the staff clearly lacked the ability to teach to their needs, which is so upsetting to experience in Ann Arbor. The negative reinforcement made them feel like bad kids. I don't know how this school received a 5 star rating; after 1 year, we are pulling our children out and we should have done it sooner! Please learn from our mistake, and do not place them here at least not under the direction of the current principal.

Posted May 15, 2014
My children love their teachers! We have been very happy with all of the teachers at Logan but the principal is a terrible leader. I doubt she knows the kids names and she never greets kids or parents in the morning like principals at other schools do. The lunch room is consistently chaotic and she does nothing to solve the problem. The special area teachers are particularly bad and there hasn't been a consistent gym teacher at Logan all year. My kids are learning and thriving at this school but the principal is a disappointment. For the amount of taxes we pay to live in Ann Arbor and send our children to acclaimed Ann Arbor schools, we expect more from the principal. Every teacher we've had at Logan has been good except for the special classes. The biggest problem with this school is the principal. Like the other reviewers, I'm not sure how she is in this role.

Posted May 10, 2014
I agreed with the last two reviews. The principal must go. The first day of school was so disorganized. And why was the fire drill scheduled in late October 13 when it was freezing cold? If the school had a good leader, the fire drill would happen in September and the first day of school would leave a wonderful and positive impression on all of us. To have great school I believe a great leader must be a part of the equation, without a great leader the success of our children will be severely limited. As parents and taxpayers we must do what ever it takes to ensure the success of our children. I suggest AA district complete a full performance evaluation on this principal and also ask parents and teachers on what they are really think about this principal.

Posted January 23, 2014
The principal is the worse administrator that I ever encountered. No communication skill, organization skill, or people skill at all. I'm not sure why she is in that position.

Posted December 06, 2013
My son has been in the school since 1st grade. Love the teachers and their commitment. Love the encouragement he gets everyday. Teachers help him with above grade math level and exactly point where he needs improvement.

Posted August 10, 2010
We love this school. Our son started here in 2nd grade and is now entering 5th. We've had 3 smart and energetic teachers who know how to get students motivated and engaged. The parent community is fun and welcoming and helps to organize al lot of great activities. Check out the MEAP scores for this school. Off the charts for the city and state!

Logan Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
We are currently having our second generation attending this school (my two grandchildren), and it remains a great school for kids.

Logan Elementary School 0

Posted November 12, 2008
I love the teachers and principal at Logan. They seem to really care about our kids. From the support staff and teachers they come together to make sure each student is taken care of. If extra help is needed they are on it!!! I feel my kids are getting the best education. Thanks Logan!!!

Posted November 11, 2008
I really like my daughter's 2nd grade teacher. She is the best of the best!!!

Posted September 03, 2008

Logan Elementary School
2685 Traver Road, Ann Arbor, MI  48105
Last modified Logan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Logan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top