School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Hello, I am glad you stopped here! I love to share about our St. Thomas Family. St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic School is dedicated to nurturing spiritual growth, strengthening moral values, and developing academic excellence. The benchmark of our success as a school is not measured in grades or percentages, but in the development of individuals ready to explore possibilities, meet the challenges of life, extend themselves to others in order to do the work of Christ, and to always rise to their potentials. Students are encouraged to participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities that offer different avenues for personal development. Independent learning is fostered in and out of the classroom, thus preparing the students intellectually, spiritually, and socially for their futures. All of these activities strengthen the sense of community at St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic School while helping to develop and foster lifelong friendships. These activities have also helped to form support networks for families new to the area and new to the school. Come see what great things God is doing in us and with us. It is truly an excellent academic education for life and an intentional discipleship in Catholic Faith for living!
April 15, 2014

Posted May 19, 2014
St Thomas has been a wonderful experience for my family! The teaching staff is incredibly kind and dedicated to all of the children. The educational standards are high. I feel blessed to have found St Thomas for my children!

Posted May 06, 2014
We love St. Thomas School. The loving, nurturing community of teachers, staff and parents makes a wonderful learning environment. My child who needed extra help, has been given the tools she needs to be successful. My child who is ahead, is challenged with extra websites and fun activities. After school programs and enrichment have increased in recent years, and my kids have taken full advantage.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have 2 sons currently at St. Thomas, Ann Arbor (2nd grade and kindergarten). Both are thriving academically. Teachers and administrative staff seem very devoted to the intellectual, social, and religious formation of all the students. On the academic and social sides of things, I particularly like the small classes, opportunities for parent involvement (many volunteer opportunities to help in classes - speaking from experience with lower grade levels anyway - with lunches supervision, and other school activities), Spanish class from kindergarten up, and strong focus on fundamentals of math, reading, and writing. My older son started K without being able to read and by the beginning of second grade was reading at a 4th grade level. In terms of faith formation, I appreciate the weekly mass (which family can attend and in which students participate), eucharistic adoration (started in grade 2, I think), and other prayer times in the school chapel. I have also been impressed with the kids, who by and large provide a close-knit, friendly, inclusive, and supportive environment... One star off for 'TQ' only because I wish there was more effort to keep high-performing kids motivated.

Posted April 25, 2014
I personally love teaching at St. Thomas the Apostle School. It provides a strong, yet nurturing faith-based environment in which to learn and grow. The support I receive from our principal and vice principal, the support staff, the parents, and the parish is top notch. The students are hard-working and respectful. I honestly look forward to going to work each day, and this is a great blessing.

Posted April 17, 2014
Great school for my child. Safe, caring, nurturing, yet challenging learning environment. Teachers skilled at adapting teaching styles to accommodate varying learning styles. Principal and other staff are also skilled and do a great job. Family-oriented school. The person who posted that the teachers are bottom of barrel is WRONG. These teachers are not paid much, most often do not get raises, but they are teaching at St. Thomas because they care about the kids, truly enjoy teaching, and want to teach. They are not there just to collect a paycheck. My child has ADHD and this school as been the best learning environment for my child to excel - teachers and staff understand child's needs and do a great job of teaching in various styles to adapt to his way of learning. They do not have a one-size-fits-all approach which is so important these days.

Posted April 17, 2014
This school has a great family feel to it. The faculty and staff are very friendly and helpful and it is evident they all love their jobs. They do an excellent job of incorporating the faith into the teachings at an age appropriate level and my daughter has LOVED every teacher she has had. They have a ton of great events for the families outside of school and they make sure to make everyone feel included. My daughter has gone to this school since preschool (is now in the third grade) and we have really enjoyed the whole experience. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 16, 2014
St. Thomas preschool is a great place. The preschool teachers are very kind, treat children with warmth and respect, and instill discipline in subtle, gentle ways. Class size is small, kids are gentle and treat each other with kindness. Classrooms are full of light. It is very clean, children wash their hands before meals and snacks, they learn good manners. It is adorable how the kids say "Pass the bread, please" at the table. There is a Spanish class, music and gym time. Our daughter is 4, goes 3 half-days a week and loves it. There is never a struggle to get her to school. Parents are very involved at this school, and parental participation is always encouraged. Whenever I come here, I feel welcome. Great place.

Posted April 16, 2014
I transferred both of my children to St. Thomas a few years ago and have been very happy with their education and the social environment. Socially they blossomed and found many friends and academically they have excelled with the smaller class size. The environment is safe, diverse, and friendly. My only regret is that we didn't start at this school earlier in their education.

Posted April 16, 2014
St Thomas is a wonderful school: small class size, great support staff, and amazing teachers! Gifted students or students needed extra help are organized into smaller group with materials appropriate with their levels. Tuition is quite affordable compared to other private schools in the area.

Posted April 16, 2014
St. Thomas is a wonderful school with a family centered environment. My children transferred this year and they have blossomed. The teachers and staff work very hard to create a warm accepting environment. The academics are top notch. St. Thomas supports a wide variety of learning levels and styles. The athletic program encourages all students to participate if they are interested. We are so happy to have found St. Thomas. It has been such a positive experience for my family.

St. Thomas the Apostle School
540 Elizabeth St, Ann Arbor, MI  48104
Last modified St. Thomas the Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Thomas the Apostle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.