PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Hello, I am glad you stopped here! I love to share about our St. Thomas Family. St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic School is dedicated to nurturing spiritual growth, strengthening moral values, and developing academic excellence. The benchmark of our success as a school is not measured in grades or percentages, but in the development of individuals ready to explore possibilities, meet the challenges of life, extend themselves to others in order to do the work of Christ, and to always rise to their potentials. Students are encouraged to participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities that offer different avenues for personal development. Independent learning is fostered in and out of the classroom, thus preparing the students intellectually, spiritually, and socially for their futures. All of these activities strengthen the sense of community at St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic School while helping to develop and foster lifelong friendships. These activities have also helped to form support networks for families new to the area and new to the school. Come see what great things God is doing in us and with us. It is truly an excellent academic education for life and an intentional discipleship in Catholic Faith for living!
April 15, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We are extremely pleased with St Thomas School. We have three of our daughters in the school (pre-school - 2nd grade). The school has great academic standards, and develops strong study habits in the students. The teachers are very attentive to the personal needs of each child. In particular, we are really impressed with the pre-school. The pre-school as an age-appropriate and well-planned curriculum to stimulate thinking and encourage the students to pursue science and art. The pre-school staff communicates very frequently and effectively about the development and needs of our children. It is an environment that really keeps the parent an integral part of the educational process.

St. Thomas Elementary & Little Saints Preschool are amazing schools where the students are well-cared for, receive a quality education and interact with wonderful people, whether they be staff, peers or parents. I have two students in the school (1st & Pre-K), and we couldn't be happier with our school choice. The preschool is so warm & inviting, and the teachers in the preschool are particularly kind and nurturing. They also spend a lot of time on age-appropriate curriculum and make all learning fun and engaging! The elementary school is a place where positive morals and values are expected and taught. The teachers are kind, yet expect their students to excel in all tasks required of them. The entire school has a lot to offer, both during school hours and during non-school times! St. Thomas Elementary & Little Saints Preschool are family-centered communities where children thrive and succeed!

St. Thomas is a wonderful school with a family centered environment. My children transferred this year and they have blossomed. The teachers and staff work very hard to create a warm accepting environment. The academics are top notch. St. Thomas supports a wide variety of learning levels and styles. The athletic program encourages all students to participate if they are interested. We are so happy to have found St. Thomas. It has been such a positive experience for my family.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

St. Thomas incorporates core values into every day curriculum. Each month a specific virtue is taught and reinforced. The children are learning and practicing how to be upstanding citizens. I love St . Thomas for the values that it instills in my children.

The Preschool is very disorganized and not equipped to communicate your child's need to you. Avoid if you care about how your child is treated during his or her most tender years.

St. Thomas' rigorous curriculum, and small class sizes allow children to get the optimal education. My children have grown so much academically, socially, and spiritually. I work in public education, and can attest that the Principal, and teachers are among the best in the city.

If you would like your children to work hard and have homework every school night, this is not the school for your family. Math curriculum is very weak. Overall, I was very disappointed with the academic standards in this school. There are better parochial schools in Ann Arbor to choose from.

St Thomas has been a wonderful experience for my family! The teaching staff is incredibly kind and dedicated to all of the children. The educational standards are high. I feel blessed to have found St Thomas for my children!

We love St. Thomas School. The loving, nurturing community of teachers, staff and parents makes a wonderful learning environment. My child who needed extra help, has been given the tools she needs to be successful. My child who is ahead, is challenged with extra websites and fun activities. After school programs and enrichment have increased in recent years, and my kids have taken full advantage.

I have 2 sons currently at St. Thomas, Ann Arbor (2nd grade and kindergarten). Both are thriving academically. Teachers and administrative staff seem very devoted to the intellectual, social, and religious formation of all the students. On the academic and social sides of things, I particularly like the small classes, opportunities for parent involvement (many volunteer opportunities to help in classes - speaking from experience with lower grade levels anyway - with lunches supervision, and other school activities), Spanish class from kindergarten up, and strong focus on fundamentals of math, reading, and writing. My older son started K without being able to read and by the beginning of second grade was reading at a 4th grade level. In terms of faith formation, I appreciate the weekly mass (which family can attend and in which students participate), eucharistic adoration (started in grade 2, I think), and other prayer times in the school chapel. I have also been impressed with the kids, who by and large provide a close-knit, friendly, inclusive, and supportive environment... One star off for 'TQ' only because I wish there was more effort to keep high-performing kids motivated.

Last modified St. Thomas the Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8