St. Francis of Assisi School 2

Posted October 02, 2014
I withdrew my children from this school after a very unpleasant experience with the teachers and principal. I do not think this school is a good fit for anyone whose children are above average or need extra help. But if you have an average, middle of the road, student then they should do just fine. Discipline was ineffectual and very rigid, treating kindergarten students like they are at the same developmental stage as a middle schooler. Also, supervision at lunch and during lunch and lunch recess was by volunteer parents only who were told to solve any conflicts by telling the students that "that is not what Jesus would do" which I found to be very ineffective.

Posted September 24, 2014
We are so happy that we have chosen to send our children to St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School. The teachers at St. Francis are truly committed to educating our children to the highest standards, all the while taking the time to know each child and family and to ensure that each child is getting the most out of the learning process. The faith-based environment allows the children to build a solid fundation in values and in caring for others. St. Francis still teaches the curriculum basics, such as memorizing math facts, memorizing spelling words, and learning basic sentence structure, which are essential to a child's education. In addition to teaching the basics, St. Francis provides students a well-balanced access to technology to enhance learning. Also, music, art, physical education, library, and even Spanish classes are offered to all children from preschool to 8th grade! I really enjoy telling people that my preschooler and older children are taking Spanish classes, and in this way are also learning about other cultures as well. Overall, I consider St. Francis to be a caring community of staff and families truly committed to the education and success of each student.

Posted September 23, 2014
St. Francis of Assisi School is an outstanding school. Both of my children attended St. Francis from kindergarten through 8th grade and were well prepared for the rigors of honors and AP courses in high school. The faith filled, family type atmosphere fosters confidence in classroom participation, and acceptance of all kids. The leadership is excellent, Mrs. Pritzel is an exceptional educator and principal that knows every child enrolled and is always striving to make St. Francis and even better school.

Posted September 16, 2014
St Francis of Assisi is an excellent school. Our son is currently enrolled in first grade, and we are very happy with the education that he is receiving. The teaching staff and adminstration are very thoughtful individuals, who hold the integrity of their students with highest regard. The quality of our son's educational experience is also excellent. His teacher provides ample homework and is very encouraging. She has a weekly blog that is posted regarding classroom events and upcoming activities. In summary, I highly endorse St Francis of Assisi Catholic School.

Posted September 15, 2014
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School keeps getting better! The school offers a 1:1 tablet-based curriculum for the middle school, and students in lower grades use school-provided tablets. Exceptional math and science curricula, foreign language instruction for all grades, team sports with a no-cut policy, an excellent fine arts program, dedicated and well-qualified teaching staff, an active parent community and highly affordable tuition.

Posted September 15, 2014
We have had 4 children through St. Francis and love the school and teachers. The curriculum and faith development activities are outstanding and the children are very well prepared for high school. I particularly love their choir and drama electives, and the multitude of afterschool opportunities (volleyball, forensics, basketball, etc.).

Posted September 14, 2014
St Francis of Assisi is an amazing school because it is challenging academically and it has a very caring environment. Teachers take a personal interest to make each and every student is doing their best. Schools like this are rare and very hard to find. Ms. Pritzel, the principal, runs a tight ship with a caring hand.

Posted August 20, 2014
Fantastic! It offers a well rounded and individually tailored academics and has recently made major strides in science and technology - having always had a very strong reputation in reading, writing, arts and music. The school is growing in enrolment, has new programs to assist with tuition for first time families, and is achieving great scores and reviews by parents and students alike. All of this is supported by a caring community within the school and church. Leadership is great as well - the principal is even a former student and teacher. Fr. James also has great rapport with the kids.

Posted October 16, 2009

Posted August 31, 2008
I sent my son to St.Francis last year and was so pleased by the school. I feel my son was truly appreciated and loved by his teachers. The environment is warm and loving, and I really am thankful for the values taught at St.Francis, from both a Christian and just plain human perspective. I never got the feeling of community and caring from the Ann Arbor Public School that he attended previously, tho that school is supposed to be one of the best in Ann Arbor. I intend to have my son remain in St.Francis thru 8th grade.

St. Francis of Assisi School
2270 East Stadium Boulevard, Ann Arbor, MI  48104
Last modified St. Francis of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Francis of Assisi School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top