Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We loved the teachers during our time there over 5 years. They always cared a great deal for the students and were very knowledgeable about their material.

Amount of homework: Disagree

They could increase the amount of math homework as the students get into 4th and 5th grades but the rest is great.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers are very involved with the students every day and take care to address situations where honesty, integrity, or fairness come up.

The teachers, parents and children at the school are great. The art teacher and the music teachers are amazing.

I have two children at Daycroft and it has been a fantastic experience. The teachers give a good deal of attention to the children and create a very supportive non-threatening environment. The parents are very involved and the head of school is great. I am quite shocked to read the review about being focused on money. Daycroft is a non-profit and they continually spend money on financial aid scholarships and equipment for the school. I have seen six kids leave Daycroft due to financial reasons (hard to justify cost of private school when AA public schools are good), but three came back within a year because they realized there was a substantial difference in quality. Most cited large change in student-teacher ratio going from Daycroft (10-1 for my children's classes) to public schools (26-1 for some). My kids really like the Montessori approach and the literature on it suggests it has its advantages. Try searching Google for "Montessori Mafia", and related scientific studies on Montessori teaching. Overall, Daycroft has been well worth the price for us.

This school is all about profit . Once you have enrolled your child - there is no getting out. They make a lot of promisses at first (like "individual learning plans"..) but after you sign that contract - nobody cares anymore. We were very unhappy about our child's academic progress and went to the principle. Well, it was like talking to a brick wall, she almost blamed us for having high expectations and our child's inability to focus. Very dissapointing experience if your child is bright. Personally know 3 more families that left for Go like the wind or Honey Creek.

I worked at the Zeeb Campus for about 4 years as an administrative assistant. I now have children of my own and can compare what I experienced working at Daycroft to the public charter school that my kids attend. Daycroft ran like a well-oiled machine when I was there. It was a warm and inviting work environment. There was high parent involvement in the form of the Parents' Guild and lots of positive attitude. Daycroft is not a pure Montessori environment. The schools educational approach finds its foundations in the Montessori style and can incorporate other styles as well. I found the elementary school to be amazing and I loved watching the children learn and grow each year that I worked there.

Daycroft is not a true Montessori school. Teachers do not practice Montessori approaches of teaching to the individual. The language used by teachers would pain Maria Montessori and their ability to support children socially is lacking

This is definitely the best preschool in Ann Arbor. The leadership in the preschool is excellent and truly makes a connection with the children and the parents. I was definitely headed toward sending my children to public schools but after the wonderful experience I have had I am headed on to the elementary campus.

My child has blossomed in this school. The principal was warm and involved; the teachers are caring and top-notch. I have had my child in 2 other preschools and this one is top-notch. Have decided to continue with the Montessori school instead of public. Great teacher/child ratio.

Last modified Daycroft Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-6