PK-2|Private

Bad
Good

We highly recommend Ann Arbor Hills Child Development Center as it has been an enriching and rewarding school for my son to attend these past three years. The Directors have created excellent programs, are very involved and available to parents and students for discussions. The teachers are not only professional skilled educators, but also warm and nurturing in the classrooms. My son and 16 additional boys and girls are enrolled in Junior Kindergarten at AAHCDC. His amazing teachers have taught him to write and journal, illustrate, count, and add. As a group, they teach the kids to show compassion and respect. Along with the general program, they have weekly Spanish, music, and art enrichment. The Spanish teacher is a native of Argentina who implements a fun 30 minutes of Spanish joined by puppets. Their exuberant music teacher, not only teaches songs, but provides the kids opportunities to strum his guitar, ukulele, and drums. AAHCDC has provided a strong foundation and enthusiasm in learning for our son. He is happy and cannot wait to show us his work and inform us of his fun day in school!

The reviewer of December 9, 2013 is reviewing another school. Here's why: 1) This school has no "small rooms." 2) There is no wealth-based discrimination that I see (and I'm not wealthy!) 3) The school is never described as "American." 4) Children who are interested in toys and books are welcomed at the school. 5) The school is not a day care. 6) Students are well prepared to go to any school in the Ann Arbor area after learning at Ann Arbor Hills.

Interestingly enought my last review disappeared ! This school take children with clear "disabilities " the children have small to very small room to be in. The staff makes a clear contious effort to discouraged people that visit if they are not white and rich. They also discourage parents of children that are just normal Meaning running talking being kids! The new normal is kids that are subdued and unarticulated As we visited the school several times we were told that it was an "American school" and frown up our happy child who demonstrated interest in looking at toys and books!!!! Many people know very well that this school is for a certain type of people usually rich with kids with learning disabilities It is not a school for excellence in academic A mere day care not well staffed If you preferred self gloating comments then you will erase this comment also People like us who visited the school and some who went there and took their children out Know the truth.

This is our fourth year at Ann Arbor Hills, and we couldn't be happier with the education and nurturing environment there. My oldest son finished the primary program at AAH with a great enthusiasm for learning and school, as well as a outstanding academic foundation. His math, literacy, and writing skills were all highly developed. I have another child currently attending AAHCDC who is blossoming as well. All this without pressures of standardized testing, lots of busywork, etc.. You simply can't beat the teacher to student ratio. AAHCDC is a place that nurtures the whole child. My children have had instilled in them qualities of empathy, kindness, and maturity through their interactions with the staff and students in this community. At school my children discovered a love of art and creativity that I see manifested at home with self directed projects and playing. AAHCDC has a gentle yet stimulating approach to education that allows children to thrive in a very unique way, and experience the joys of childhood fun and learning. The teachers and administrators are among the best I have seen in education and provide wonderful examples for the children, and parents as well!

All 3 of my children attended Ann Arbor Child Development Center over the course of 7 years. As a new mother trying to find her way in a new city, new country I was able to settle into this environment seemlessly. It employed qualified, patient and attentive staff who were able to teach and nurture all of them in so many ways. They learned the basics yes, but more than that, they learned to trust an academic environment which has led to success in their future years. Foundation is the cornerstone of this facility. They bring a strong base for which future schools are able to build upon. I highly recommend this school for families seeking a warm, inviting space for their child to thrive and grow. Years have passed since we have attended AAH's but nonetheless, I still enjoy the friendships that were forged with other AAH's parents in our community. It was always nice to see Holiday cards posted on the wall at AAH's from families of the past who still think of this school as home away from home while their child attended. Some of these families have college graduates and it all began here.

My daughter went to elementary school extremely well prepared both academically and socially because of the high quality of education she got at AAHCDC. She started there when she was almost 3 and went through the primary school. It is a very nurturing school with teachers who have an obvious joy for teaching. I have recommended the school to many families who were looking for the best preschool for their kids, and every experience that I know has been extremely positive. My daughter is in 5th grade this year and we still keep in touch with the other families who were at the school when we were there. We were very lucky to have AAHCDC!

Our daughter went there for 4 wonderful years. The teachers are the most caring and the environment is really nurturing. The school is amazing and you really cant find a better place to allow your children to grow in confidence and intellect. Its a safe school that listens to parents and children alike and is very thoughtful in helping all of its children.

AA Hills is more than a school- it is a family. AA Hills is a community of caring teachers and staff that nurture the students in a safe, fun environment. My child grew exponentially in academics as well as group play and social skills. When I dropped my child off each morning we each had a smile on our face. My son looked forward to his day at school and I had the peace of mind knowing he would be happy in the environment of creativity, learning, and growth that embodies AA Hills.

Provides a good foundation in basic skills. If you have an active child please compare your child to the others enrolled. Rambunctious children are frowned upon and discouraged from attending. Exclusionary practices pervade the school.

A wonderful nurturing and stimulating environment! I can't imagine a better place for my child!

Last modified Ann Arbor Hills Child Development Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-2