School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I encourage any parents that are unhappy with anything at Go like the Wind to contact our Head of School, Jim Basel. It is our goal to offer an authentic Montessori education in a positive, caring environment. Jim Basel jbasel@golikethewind.com 734-747-7422
March 10, 2015

Posted March 23, 2015
I have two children who attend Go Like the Wind. The teachers are very caring and I know my children receive individualized attention every day. The curriculum is challenging and I love the multi-age classrooms which allows children to be leaders and learners. The after-school program is also very flexible and allows for children to attend on an as-needed basis which is extremely helpful for working families.

Go Like The Wind Montessori School 1

Posted March 09, 2015
If you have a young child do not send them here! I read the reviews that warned about the school but did not herd them because I truly wanted a Montessori experience. In our family experience at Go Like The Wind the staff was unpleasant, unsupportive and down right malicious to children,including mine.i found that there was not a firm grasp of childhood ddevelopmental stages or proper administrative follow through, care or concern! Do not spend your money here. And the support staff is rude!

Posted January 02, 2015
My son has developed a love of learning because of the truly dedicated teachers and staff at Go like the Wind. The Elementary program is by far one of the best programs in the state. Strong parent community.

Posted September 09, 2014
I was so impressed when I toured Go Like the Wind Montessori School. The environment is calm and not overstimulating, which fosters calmness in the children and a readiness to absorb the rich classroom experiences. I watched classes of children walk through the hallways, holding hands, smiling, and alert to their surroundings or instructions from their teachers. It was obvious to me after visiting the classrooms and learning about the Montessori teaching philosophy, that this school could significantly contribute to developing a child into a life learner, and an engaged/contributing member of society with the self confidence to lead or pioneer. After seven months, I continue to be impressed with the "maturity" of learning demonstrated by my granddaughter and the depth of problem solving skills she is developing at 3 years of age. I feel that my investment in making this opportunity available to my granddaughter will be one of my greatest contributions to my family.

Posted February 02, 2013
I have been a teacher at this school for over 10 years and I wouldn't want to teach at any other school. This school is an authentic Montessori school and strives daily to provide the best Montessori education to it students, Infants all the way through Middle School. The staff here is exceptional and the administration could not be more supportive. The families are wonderful and there is a great sense of community here.

Posted February 28, 2011
I am very pleased with this school. Acedemics are number one on my list and I feel that so far it has been a good fit for my son. I do find that the teacher of hos class is not very personable and I sometimes feel that I have to pry for information, but my son is doing fine so maybe that is why. I would like it more if the staff addressed me when I came in to pick up my son but at the same time I can tell that he is really learning a lot and is making great strives in his development.

Posted November 27, 2010
This school has been fantastic for our son. He loves school and has not missed a single day. The teachers care and are extremely well trained in both content and method. We like the Christian philosophies. Parents are involved and are part of the global school culture. We give GLTW a two thumbs up! :)

Posted November 15, 2010
I can not say enough good things about Go Like the Wind (GLTW). GLTW has a program for infants all the way through 8th grade. This is my fourth year with GLTW. I have a child in the toddler program and a child in the pre-primary program. What impresses me most is the focus on the development of the whole child. The environment encourages the children to love learning. It is about more than academics. The teachers create an environment that nurtures the child to think about grace and courtesy, music and arts, practical skills and physical activities. The child leads the way, with the teachers guiding them. As an example, my 5 year old expressed a sincere interest in Mother Theresa. Her teacher, recognizing this as a wonderful teaching opportunity, purchased the book Great Peacemakers to be used in the classroom curriculum. Go Like the Wind Montessori is my school of choice!

Go Like The Wind Montessori School 2

Posted October 25, 2010
Mediocre teachers and very poor leadership (administration) describe this school. For tuition exceeding $10K a year, there are many other private schools in Ann Arbor that are better.

Go Like The Wind Montessori School 4

Posted December 03, 2009

Go Like The Wind Montessori School
3540 Dixboro Lane, Ann Arbor, MI  48105
Last modified Go Like The Wind Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-9
Go Like The Wind Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top