PK-K|Private

Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Please refer to the special investigation report conducted on this school by the State of Michigan, the teachers especially the director are the main bullies of the school.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Children are often called names by the caregiver when they underperform. Again please refer to the special investigation report conducted by the State of Michigan concerning this place.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Please read the special investigation report on this school. Children are mentally and physically abused at this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

There is only one teacher that is a lead teacher, majority of teachers have no certifications.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There is absolutely no homework. Kids are rather forced to play with the same toys at school everyday and not aloud to speak.

I will miss this school if i have to leave Ann Arbor soon. It is the school of choice for my kids. It's diverse, the kids respect each other and their teacher. Your child would learn beyond your expectation. The administrator and teachers are great with the kids. All the kids including my 2 years old know the administrator by name. My kids enjoy going to school and they know they are loved. I have 3 kids in this school in all the classes. The kids in this school are great achievers. My kids have been endowed with great knowledge in this school. My 3 and 4 years old are doing great with their reading skills. They both can solve simple additions and subtractions with so much ease. My 5 years old has a clear understanding of the basis of multiplication. They are great with science as well. This school would prepare your child optimally for kindergarten... My daughter is 5 and ready for elementary school but a few elementary school teachers I've interacted with think she would be bored in the kindergarten class from their interaction with her. She would be taking the elementary school grade assessment in summer for consideration into grade 1.

I have 3 children in this school from Toddler to Kindergarten age. The kids are doing great. I am really happy about the love and caring provided by the staff. My youngest is already learning sounds and can count up to 35 in this short period of time. My oldest can read, write, knows her continents, solar system and so on. The atmosphere is great for learning. We went on a apple orchard field trip a couple of weeks ago and the kids had a great time. There is lot of parent involvement in the school. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants there child be self motivated, independent and learn.

Our son attended Green House for three years. Overall, our experience with the school was excellent. His teachers were outstanding. Recently, he began attending kindergarten at our local public school, and his reading and math skills are at the 2nd grade level. So the educational value was great. Also, the student population is quite diverse, which I think is a huge plus. This school is also a great value, as other Ann Arbor Montessori schools are incredibly expensive in comparison. The administrators are also very caring and flexible. My only complaints, and I think these are minor, is that at times, the communication about school events could have been better, and some of the parents were not very involved. But that last bit isn't really the school's fault. One thing to know is that, because this is Montessori, they don't have computers and other technology resources. This wasn't a drawback for us, but it's something to be aware of, and typical for any Montessori school that is actually sticking to Montessori principles. Overall, I highly recommend this school, especially if you have a child with strong academic skills and you value diversity.

My children LOVE Green House Montessori! I am truly impressed by the individualized care and the progress my kids have made both academically and socially. Keep it up GHMS!

One of the best schools that I had the pleasure of sending my child to. Very positive and loving environment. My child has blossomed into a very confident and smart kid. I would not have found a better place. The staff and management truly help and support the child and the family with patience and care. This is an amazing place for kids to be at . I just loved Green house Montessori! Good job! Couldn't have been happier. My child loves this place and will always be proud that she did schooling here.

Last modified Green House Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-K