Ann Arbor, MI

Daycroft Montessori School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
My Daughter started the young 5 program last fall at Daycroft. When I visited the school prior to making decision on enrollment. I was impressed by the teach-student ratio (2:14) and thought it was a very nice setting for Montessori format. However, I was very disappointed to find out they extended the class size to 24 when the school started. I worried that the teachers just simply could provide adequate attention to each of the students following the Montessori curriculum. Actually, time told me that I was right. My daughter did not learn much for the last 7 months. Compared to her friends who studied at public schools, she is definitely falling behind. There are some many no school days... three no school days simply for parent-teach conference last week. I will not recommend this school to any parents who are looking for strong academic and friendly school hours.

Posted January 10, 2013
I have two children at Daycroft. The school offers personalized instruction where kids go at their own speed, but at the same time kids are challenged beyond their comfort zone. My kids are thriving. The strength of the school is great teachers that keep the parents informed and involved in the life of the school. The Montessori system is outstanding. The art, science, library and music components curriculum are great. Math and reading are stressed and part of everyday learning. In addition, kids are taught respect and love for one another.

Posted November 14, 2012
I have two daughters at Daycroft and I am extremely pleased with the education they are getting. Great teachers and outstanding resources in the classrooms. I like the individual attention and low student-teacher ratio. Take a tour and talk to some of the parents, and I think you will agree.

Daycroft Montessori School 3

Posted November 09, 2010
I would rate this school 3 out of 5, I feel students are not challenged enough in academic programs. Academically kids are presented the same activity for two consecutive years for preschoolers which makes me wonder if the kids are academically challenged enough and if the class is progressing, Even though the teachers mention that they are challenged individually, but the outcome hasn't been seen. I feel the cons over weigh than the pros for me from this school.

Posted November 05, 2010
With 2 teachers in every classroom and the personalised education that results in , you can't find a better school than Daycroft. The teachers are passionate about what they do and it shows. Come and visit the school for yourself and you will see the nurturing and welcoming environment Daycroft offers.

Posted December 19, 2007
My child is loving to learn again! We had a tough 3rd grade year - hating school to loving within a month! Very individualized; attention to each child in each subject. Teachers know child inside and out. Am so glad we changed from public school.

Posted March 18, 2007
Excellent elementary school. Our child joined in 2nd grade and has had a very positive experience. The classes are multigrade 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, with 2 teachers in each class. The children are taught many different topics each week, along with weekly homework in spelling/writing. The culture studies are excellent (kids research, write, and make oral presentations several times a year). Ethnically diverse community supports curriculum. Math and reading are highly stressed. The science, Spanish, art, music and gym classes are favorites. Communication/computer skills are enhanced in the weekly library and technology class. The in-class discipline is very good. I am always amazed (having seen elementary classrooms in other schools) with how well the kids settle in and begin work each day. They have weekly 'work plans' and are responsible for completing this work. The teachers are very kind, offer great academic guidance and just the right amount of challenge. Great school!

Daycroft Montessori School
1095 North Zeeb Road, Ann Arbor, MI  48103
Last modified Daycroft Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Daycroft Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top