5-12|Private

Bad
Good

We wanted to place our son in Ann Arbor Academy. The staff was so kind on the tour, but then when our son joined the classroom for a day it all fell apart. The staff was impatient with the transition. Our son was upset that day because it was a new environment for him. They called us 3 hours early to come pick our son up because they couldn't handle it. They were insensitive and unkind to our family. We are already dealing with raising a child with special needs, we didn't need this added to our life. After this experience, I would never trust this school with any child with special needs. If there was ever any behavioral concern, I would expect them to kick your child out.

Things I like about the school: Very accepting and supportive of kids with differences. Things the school could do better: Very chaotic atmosphere. My belief is that most kids with learning differences do better with structure; where homework is clear; expectations are clear; and routine is maintained. Ann Arbor Academy's "easy-going" atmosphere is sometimes detrimental to its goals.

Wonderful school!! For the first time my son feels like he belongs. They treat the students great and there is no bullying!! My son was a perfect fit for this school. If your child has a learning challenge of any kind ADHD, add, autism, etc, i highly recommend this school. Love the class size. The teachers are all nice and helpful. It's like a family. You will feel at peace because your child will be happy!!!!!!! I wish I discovered it sooner. If you parents are far & debating about the drive, its well worth it. I live a half an hour away. Shoot for the stars, your child will thrive in this school.

My sons had a great middle and high school experience and utilized every resource offered, which enabled them to enter college well prepared and knowing all their strengths and also how to deal with their challenges. The teachers were always available and were very in tune with my students and helped them grow into capable, confident young adults.

All they do is ask for money, money, money! My son hates this school. The teachers don't take responsibility for their actions but expect for the children to. go figure!

Having our child attend this school was the worst decision my husband and I have ever made for social and educational reasons that are not allowed to be divulged on this website. Don't waste your money. I also found it to be quite unchallenging for my child (high functioning autistic spectrum/2E).

Small classrooms and dedicated teachers combine to provide an 'over the top' experience for kids that have LD. My son feels at ease in the learning environment for the first time in 9 years of public schooling.

A great school for students with learning differences such as dislexia or ADHD. Supportive teachers.

Last modified Ann Arbor Academy is a Private school that serves grades 5-12