Ann Arbor, MI

Posted January 11, 2011
This school is for everyone.... everyone that wants to send their children to a school where they can be assured that their children receive true Catholic teaching. It is a place where students are taught to respect themselves and others. All one has to do is walk into the school and with minimal interaction with the staff and the children you will know that you are not in any ordinary school. This place is different. It is what education is supposed to be. Concern for the entire child. Faithful to the Church. I wish we had found it sooner.

Spiritus Sanctus Academy 2

Posted February 07, 2010
This is not the school for everyone, only for those who value serious Catholic education. Some teachers are overly controlling, punitive and /or lack professionalism. Overall academic standard is not low. Safe environment for kids.

Posted January 14, 2010
We have 3 children. When our oldest child was going to go into second grade, we made the decision to pull her out of another local catholic school and send her to SSA Ann Arbor. This was the best decision we have ever made for our children. The most important reason to transfer our daughter to this other school was because at the other school, there were teaching her many discrepancies about the Catholic Faith. To us our Faith is the most important issue, it will help our children survive the challenges of today s world, so yes our decision was made primarily based on the religious education she was to receive at this school. My oldest child is now in High School, as a matter of fact, she attends Father Gabriel Richard in Ann Arbor. My child is registered in several honors classes. She was able to graduate from SSA Ann arbor and jump into an honors class in Mathematics, Religion, Biology, Spanish I had to stop her from register for more honor classes. The academic level that she graduated with from SSA is higher than some of the basic courses that are offered at the High school. Her average in honors math is 102% out of 100%. English is a breeze for my child, in High school, and I have to say that she struggled a bit in 8th grade at SSA. My child has A+ in almost all the subjects she is taking. Yes, the religious part of SSA was what called our attention because the sisters are a wonderful influence for our children, but now that I see the academic outcome I know and I have prove that academically SSA is preparing our children very well and possibly better than other schools around the area. All our children, God willing, will graduate from SSA and I have no doubt that they will have great opportunities in any college or university they apply to and they will always love God with all their mind and all their heart. Thank you SSA JOY.

Spiritus Sanctus Academy 0

Posted January 06, 2010
I respectfully disagree with the prior review. My three children have excelled in a rigorous college prep high school following their attendance at SSA in Ann Arbor. One is now attending a highly regarded private college in Michigan while another has been accepted at the #1 rated college in America. Highly unlikely this would have happened if their grade school experience had been inadequate. As far as SSA being 'generally a good Catholic school for traditional religious formation', this is quite the understatement. It is 'THE' place for a good Catholic formation. I know of no other place in this region of Michigan where the students are not only receiving the truth about their faith and being properly formed in the faith but where the faith is being lived out through daily Mass and weekly adoration and Confession.

Spiritus Sanctus Academy 2

Posted January 05, 2010
SSA Joy Rd. is generally a good Catholic school for traditional religious formation; likewise, it is a safe place for young children. However, if one is seeking academic excellence, there are better schools in Ann Arbor, including the public schools, which do have professional and experienced teachers with better academic backgrounds. Teacher retention is always an issue such that the school just becomes a training ground for new and inexperienced teachers.

Spiritus Sanctus Academy 0

Posted June 27, 2008
We have looked at many schools, and we have homeschooled our children because the local schools did not seem like places we wanted our children to be. SSA, Plymouth, is the very best alternative to homeschooling for a faithful Catholic family. I thank God for the sisters and Tom M. who had the foresight to support them.

Spiritus Sanctus Academy 4

Posted May 15, 2008
SSA is a very good school, both for high school readiness as well as life readiness. My boys have been well prepared for the challenges of further education and social pressures of our society and have thus far handled themselves well. Thank you Sisters and teachers.

Posted April 29, 2008
Spiritus Sanctus Academy is a wonderful school. It is maybe the best kept secret in Michigan. My children love the peaceful, encouraging, empowering environment. The high academic and moral standards match the values we try to instill in our children. I have found the staff and principal very approachable and proactive. Through moves, we have gone to several schools, and this school is truly a gem!!

Posted March 16, 2008
Spiritus Sanctus Academy is 5 stars. I am so blessed to be able to send my children to this school The faith formation is incredible and the academics are challenging. The school is a wonderful, peaceful enviroment that fosters learning. Can't say enough good things... Check it out!

Posted March 13, 2008
Excellent school all around...from the teachers to the staff, and especially the principal. Her devotion to the students is admirable, and her faith a true example to all of us. I would not even consider placing my children in another school. They are learning about the faith by sisters...what more could you ask for. We are truly blessed to have found this school, and would not only reccomend it to others, but encourage others to come check it out. It is worth it.

Spiritus Sanctus Academy
4101 East Joy Rd, Ann Arbor, MI  48105
Last modified Spiritus Sanctus Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Spiritus Sanctus Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top