Public charter
Ann Arbor, MI

Multicultural Academy 1

Posted August 02, 2015
Ask any teacher who works at the school. Not one will tell you anything good about the school or the administrative staff. All the previous post were done by the principal and staff. Also not one teacher ever comes back and why the turn over for the students is every year????? Why it is still open everyone wonders. I worked here a year and was shocked no supplies, children out of control and new principal stays in her office all day with the door shut. Which we all say isn;t bad as she never even holds a teaching certificate yet she suppose to help us with teaching strategies? I rather wait tables than go back next year.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 10, 2015
I love the school size which allows the staff to get to know our kids on a more personal level and by their names versus just being another random student at the school. Teachers and staff can weigh in and talk to our kids in a loving caring manner whether it be to correct them or to nurture them if they aren't feeling well or may be just having a bad day. Staff goes in and teach our kids how to handle these different type of situations and moods to prepare them for the real world while still assisting and caring for their needs at that moment. I have gotten phone calls and told of situations my kids were going through and staff worked with me to come up with the best solution for the issue. I like how they get the parent involved in choosing the best way how to handle your own kid whether it be to agree to let the kid go home or to let the kid stay at school and handle the situation in the best possible way there. The flexibility of each situation is impressive and not made to feel overwhelming.

Posted July 10, 2015
The school focuses on creating an environment for the kids to be open and honest which puts the kids at ease. It is understood and learned that actions comes with reactions whether they be good or bad. I love how the kids are rewarded every month toward the end of the month for achieving their goals that month so positive efforts and actions are recognized making the kids want to do their best in order to get rewarded at the end of the month. This is a real life lesson they can value for the rest of their lives which means making good decisions, striving to do your best, reaps positive results in the end.

Posted July 10, 2015
This school has a great atmosphere and lovely teachers who truly invest their time in the kids. The size of the school is such a great benefit as the staff gets to know the kids on a more personal level making it a close knit school where everyone wants to help & see each other thrive to be successful. I love the diversity of the school that exposes the kids to different cultures and multiple languages that instills a profound level of respect and appreciation for people from all walks of life. The school is in the process of being revamped to bring about even more exciting positive experiences for the kids. I am looking forward to seeing more improvements and successes come from this school. My kids have done very well at this school which helped prepare them for not only high school but college as well. My kids were able to be dual enrolled once they reached that time in high school and was ahead of their class. They remained on Honor Roll and took the same great experiences they learned at Multicultural Academy with them to both high school & college to appreciate all the diversity of both campuses and was able to communicate, learn and strive through the many types of cultures and personalities they were faced with in a positive & productive way, causing them to have great communication and create meaningful friendships and thrive in their new environment. The staff and teachers have lots of patience, care, and concern to address issues and they appreciate and listen to suggestions from both parents and students. Their main mission from what I observe is to make this school a safe, loving, productive place for our kids to thrive and learn.

Posted July 09, 2015
Multicultural Academy is a great school! I have had the pleasure of having two children in the program. One of my children graduated from the middle school and was well prepared when he moved on to high school. I have been telling more and more friends and family about the school because my experience has been awesome!

Posted July 08, 2015
Ms. Eggleston has the students best interest in mind and she is not quick to kick them out. She gets to the root of the problem and her solutions are beneficial to the students and the school.

Posted July 08, 2015
This school has changed for the better and Ms. Eggleston has done an excellent job. The atmosphere is more positive and the academics are improving.

Posted July 06, 2015
The PBIS program that is used at the academy develops honesty, integrity, and fairness with students.

Posted July 06, 2015
The administration and staff are dedicated to the students and parents at MA. The individual instruction and help students receive have proven to be beneficial for all.

Posted July 03, 2015
I am so proud that i choose to take my children to M.A. It is a wonderful school. The learning environment is the best I've seen in a charter school in my life. I had a wonderful opportunity to talk with the different parents that enjoy there child going their too. My kids enjoy going to school as they get to explore all the different cultures and religions that their friends follow. M.A is very diverse and my kids don't only learn from the books but how to interact with kids that don't exactly relate to them. My children will carry all the virtues that they learn from M.A to the real world.

5550 Platt Road, Ann Arbor, MI  48108
Last modified Multicultural Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Multicultural Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 86 reviews. Top