Athens, MI

Posted November 09, 2013
AWSOME, I have 3 children in this school system, I could not ask for a better group of TEACHERS, they TRULY care about the students!!! There is not a better group from the Kindergarten to graduation!!! and BTW we have also had 4 EXCHANGE STUDENTS, all by our choice in our clean house and every single one of them has had a wonderful and fulfilling experience at ATHENS SCHOOL and would put in writing!!!

Posted January 28, 2013
If you want your child to receive a good education from a small caring staff. Athens is the place to go. We school of choiced our children to Athens in 2011-2012 school year due to their consistant positive MEAP scores and we have not been disapointed. We have been well excepted by the community and my children have been involved in sports, band and extra caricular activities. The choices for electives is small as you find in almost any small school but the core classes more than prepair my children for college. The affiliation with the Battle Creek Math and Science Center is also a huge plus as well as the helpfulness of the school system to get the assistance to advance to college level classes that my daughter wanted to take at KCC as part of her senior year. We also have taken on a foriegn exchange student this year and found the program which runs through multiple schools all around the southern Michigan area to be very supportive and has been a wonderful support system for the families and students in the area. Overall this community and it's administration have been a wonderful experience for my family after some very poor experiences in other schools in the area.

Athens High School 0

Posted April 12, 2010
My children were students at Athens area High School and compared to others they attended they were failing in our eyes at the MS and HS level. A majority of the teachers are there for a paycheck only and not there for the students , we know there are teachers that leave the class room to go grocery shopping during their day and leave the students in charge of their class. Teachers push their personal values onto these children that are not appropriate. HS Leadership is in dire need to be replaced in order for this shool to move forward, Administrative staff is a pleasant and motivated staff. The Foreign Exchange Student program needs needs oversight as these children are placed in poor conditions and unworthy homes in this area. These students are treated as numbers only and value the dollars associated with this program only. Seek other schools please

Athens High School 0

Posted April 12, 2010
As a former parent of 3 students that attended this school i will say the elementary is doing a great job and truly cares for its students as they were their own. It really went down hill after they arrived in middle school. Like one other comment stated if you are originally from here your child would have no problem but outsiders are not accepted and are treated differantly . This applies to sports programs etc.... they say the teachers are here for their kids but 'Buyer Beware' they are not !!! They hire teachers with little or minimum qualifications and truly cannot teach. Aviod this school at all cost. We made this mistake and it hurt our children. They are the ones paying the price for our decission and we failed them. Run away !!!!

Posted January 12, 2010
My children go to Athens and I have to say they have the best teachers at the elementary!! Also, Athens was #2 in our area for MEAP scores and that says alot!

Posted April 21, 2009

Athens High School 1

Posted February 26, 2008

Posted October 24, 2007

Posted March 22, 2006
- a former student
I am a former student from athens, i graduated in 05, and i just wanted to say that it was a really good learning environment, the other students werent so nice, the teachers were always lending a hand to help. The school has a large variety of classes for smarter more self pushers. A very well sport program, but could focus on the art and music a little more. Parental evvolvement was mostley done my the popular kids. I learned a lot, and i learned to push myself, because i can do anything if i put my mind to it.

Athens High School 2

Posted May 12, 2005

Athens High School
300 East Holcomb Street, Athens, MI  49011
Last modified Athens High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Athens High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top