Bad
Good

Au Gres-Sims High School 5

Posted August 18, 2014
My school is a warm and wonderful place for students to go. My children and I went to this school K - 12 and have very fond memories of the teachers and administrators. I believe that the quality of education puts alumni in the top ranks compared to larger schools. The education allows for a seamless transition to college.

Posted December 21, 2012
I went to this school for 13 years and I was forced to move to Texas and I hate the schools out here and I would go back to AGS any day of the week. Au Gres Sims has great staff, teachers, and students. The only time people will dislike you is if you think you're better than anyone who looks your direction. So if you are considering moving to the Au Gres area, I would send my child(ren) to AGS. I have had no problems other than with one staff member and my mom went to the school principal and the issue was controlled. My years at Au Gres Sims were the best.

Au Gres-Sims High School 1

Posted January 25, 2012
This school is not what it appears to be. if you don't have money or have zero popularity you are an outcast, and that includes the teachers who are NOT fair and to each and every student. It is the worst school for bullying there is compared to the other area schools. At Arenac Eastern each student is accepted for who and what they are. It is a shame my three neice and nephews are forced to go to AGS because of transport issues. AGS is not a fair an unbiased school. I learned that a long time ago and sadly it is still going on. Shameful.

Posted June 10, 2007
I am very satisfied with the education my daughters have recieved since we moved here from another state. I feel the school has improved greatly on making all kids feel excepted here. Also their is a lot of one on one which is excellent.

Posted November 27, 2005
I experienced my whole grade school (K-12) history through the AuGres-Sims School District and I would never change that. I couldn't have asked for a more patient and understanding counselor, my class advisors did a great job helping and guiding our class prepare for the college future awaiting us, and the bus coordinator would go out of his way EVERYDAY for ANY student, sports team, parent, or faculty member making sure we got to school and events safely. All of my teachers were attentive to my weak and strong areas of my education providing me with help and encouragement on completing my short and long-term goals. This school is full of dedicated hard working people ALWAYS more than willing to take the time for students' needs. A good school starts with the atmosphere and guidance and thankfully it s easy to find here.

Au Gres-Sims High School 1

Posted September 06, 2005
My daughter used to attend this school and was in constant fear of some of the other students, students are allowed to use vile and vulgar language at will and are constantly disrespecful to staff and students athletics are taking a beating as the athletic director seems to prosper the few teachers and I mean few that care anymore are outweighed by teachers that think their job is to gossip and be friends with these kids the superitendednt is lacking the only bright spot in this school is the elementary which seems to be sinking also due to budget cuts and non concerned paraprofessinals the busing director seems to trying to work within an out of control budget mess leaving to little buses for to many children but if this keeps up they will loss enough students to make up the differnce I suggest Standish Sterling which my daughter loves

Au Gres-Sims High School 5

Posted July 26, 2005
I think that AuGres-Sims seems to be a wonderful place for my student to go to school. The teachers are great, and the sports program is wonderful. Coaches are very caring and supportive of the players. The building itself is very clean and well-maintained. I am very happy with the overall educational experience that my children have and continue to recieve at AGS. Go Wolverines.

Au Gres-Sims High School 2

Posted December 02, 2003
They want to make all these budget cuts to the activities that the kids enjoy and love to make sure they don't go into a deficit. Not only sports but education also..they should take a look at the administrations salaries before cutting programs for the kids.....I was highly thinking of transferring my kids to Tawas......

Au Gres-Sims High School
140 South Court Street, Au Gres, MI  48703
Last modified Au Gres-Sims High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.