Bad
Good

Posted September 07, 2012
My son just started attending this school, and although its only the first week, I am already VERY unhappy with this school. It is the most unorganized school I have ever seen...the whole school meets in the gym? School is supposed to start at 7:58. At 8:10 they are all still sitting in unorganized lines on the floor, I was told this was the teachers prep time? Can 't they prep on their own time? Nobody seems to know whats going on, I have gotten nothing home yet...and my son was crying after school the other day because his teacher is mean and yells all the time and she wouldn't let him get a drink!! I think I am moving out of this school district ASAP

Rogers School 3

Posted August 30, 2011
Just want to get more involved in the school environment, since my daughter is going to Kinder to Rodger's...let see how it goes. Thank You. Cynthia Ramos

Posted June 16, 2011
For the last two year's my nephew came to this school he attended, Kindergarten and First grade this a failing school ,for three reason's,one,there is no leadership,two, under achieving faculty,three, parents who care very little,they come out when the school hand's out a free meal or something that they are giving away for free. This is why i give it one star and my nephew will be a in a better school in a new school district......

Posted September 12, 2006
I've been dealing with this school for 8 years we are unable to move we always seem to have a problem with this school I have 2 kid in the school now and 1 that now in middle school I've been told many times its not the teachers job to let you know your kids are not turning homework or having problems with other kids

Rogers School 4

Posted December 07, 2005
I have been involved with Will Rogers for 4 years and it has consitently scored near or above State standards. The principal, who retires this year, has strong moral fiber and great educational ability. The teachers that my children have had are great and if I have a problem they listen. I have my doubt about the rest of the school district, but Rogers is the reason most parents in the area don't put their children in private school. I can only hope that the State and school district gets their act together and stops the attrition of good teachers that are going to be seen this January. If your child is behind on reading it is because you aren't involved in their lives. The teacher's aids are being cut. Come to the PTA meeting and make your voice heard or volunteer in your child's classroom. That is where the difference is made.

Posted November 08, 2005
we moved to auburn hills not knowing that our children would be attending pontiac schools.being an involved parent,i was to make the best of it. wrong! there are no programs for the children,teachers are being laid off left and right with no explaination. the media center staffer and janitor were laid off. can you imagine? no library? and getting answers is impossible.classes are being collapsed with 34 6th graders in one class. the 2nd grade has had teachers moving around and will again with the buy-outs in dec. we are now moving out of the district mid-year and couldnt be happier.

Rogers School 2

Posted March 22, 2005
My son had 4 different teachers for Kindergarten. No consistency. Reading/writing skills were way behind 'norm'. Not unusual to see (other) teachers yelling at their students.

Posted March 11, 2005
This school is very behind compared to the neighboring districts. The school lacks helping students in areas such as reading and has no latch key program or many after school programs.

Rogers School
2600 Dexter Road, Auburn Hills, MI  48326
Last modified Rogers School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.