Auburn Hills, MI
Students enrolled: 1,029

Avondale High School 5

Posted March 25, 2014
This school is amazing. The teachers are helpful, the students are all so nice, and you can definitely tell that Avondale cares. I'm very pleased to go here. And I love how everyone gets involved in everything, and there isn't really a separation between students due to cliques. It makes for a nice learning environment, knowing that you're surrounded by people who care

Avondale High School 4

Posted November 02, 2010
I am a graduate of this school...class of 1974. During the years I spent there, I found the teachers and staff to be very dedicated and willing to go the extra mile to ensure a student's success. I feel that I received a very competitive education there...the only thing that hindered me was myself. I remember my years there fondly. I am amazed by the growth and improvement in the facility...and just a touch jealous that I missed some of the improvements.

Posted January 27, 2010
This school is amazing..the disclipline is very good as well they dont let the kids run wild like other public schools.

Avondale High School 5

Posted October 12, 2009
I very much enjoy attending this school on a daily basis. The work load is not super hard but it challenges me just enough. The teachers are very nice and extremely helpful when it comes to the work. If there is ever a time when you do not understand something, there are multiple oportunities to recieve extra help. They have many extracuricular activites to get students involved. The school spirit is awesome and unlike any other school in the area.

Posted October 17, 2008
I have a child in Avondale high and Graham elementary and the work that they give these kids is outrageous, they think these kids are in college already, the work makes these kids struggle, it's not fare to them we did not have this type of work growing up in school, i will say if you are thinking about your kids attending don't it will be the worst mistake ever, i fill like i force my kids in this school district.

Posted October 10, 2008
Some teacher are very mean and some are not. the give out to much homework week days and weekends

Avondale High School 4

Posted October 09, 2008
We have several children in the Avondale school district - this is our 12th year. Our senior was 'falling through the cracks' and behind UNTIL she got to AHS. *Phenomenal* teacher involvement has helped turned our student into a college bound senior, who is active in several groups. Our teens enjoy high school - especially the staff. Teachers truly, truly care and know our children as individuals, and go the extra mile to help them succeed. The classes are cold and few have windows. Student dress code could be a bit more professional (pants hanging down is not conducive to an academic environment.) LOVE the academic centers where kids can catch up on missing assignments and get tutoring daily, if/when needed. Staff is just - impressive.

Posted May 19, 2008
I teach at Avondale and I find the students, staff and parents to be wonderful and caring people. This is an amazing place to be!

Posted March 05, 2008
Fantastic School District. Very pleased.

Avondale High School 2

Posted March 03, 2008

Avondale High School
2800 Waukegan Street, Auburn Hills, MI  48326
Last modified Avondale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avondale High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top