Auburn Hills, MI

Oakland Christian School 1

Posted December 07, 2014
This school would have done well in the middle ages or perhaps during the Salem Witch Trials. Children are forced to believe in what the teachers tell them is true if a teacher decides that 2+2 is 6 then that is what the child must say. They endorse rape culture by teaching girls that rape is what happens when you are immodest and that boys cannot control themselves; its always a woman's fault. My daughter came home crying one day because a teacher told the students that girls are not equal to boys but are subordinate and were only created to be their helpers. The students in this school are mostly judgmental bullies who care nothing of love or grace. If you want your child to be full of hate and injustice send them here.

Posted August 20, 2014
I do not recommend Oakland Christian. The environment was almost like an episode straight out of a Science Fiction episode. These are young minds and the some of the beliefs shared by faculty were alarming at the very least. Teachers use religion as a scare tactic against certain practices, groups or behaviors and children are to conform, no room for opinion contrary to the school's beliefs. Someone used the word "hateful" in an assessment of the school and they were right on. Very discriminating school. My child is a strong student but it was a dangerous environment. Be very careful in considering this school.

Oakland Christian School 1

Posted December 20, 2013
As a graduate from this school, I am often asked what my experience of this school was. I tell everyone the same thing: do NOT send your child to this school. They teach shallow minded, hateful behavior. It seems like they are completely out of touch with the modern world. After numerous visits back to the school I can see it hasn't changed. The faculty is inept. Roy Townsend being the worst of them, the classes are run poorly. There is little to no artistic voice, and the school.is constantly looking for ways to dig into your wallet a little more. I will repeat that you should not send your student here, and if you do I pity them.

Posted November 06, 2013
As a high school student of ocs, I can say that this school is not an ideal school to go to. They try to box up your entire life and not make anything that is 'ungodly' not known to you. Some of the teachers really care for you, and some of them just do not. They only accept perfectionists, and if you aren't one, be prepared to be left behind and not given any help from some teachers. I hope that this school will expand and fix some problems of theirs.

Posted September 01, 2013
My son did not want to continue in a private school setting. He was in private school from k-8 but the local public school was not an option. I asked him to try the school for one year and he lives the school and so do I. We are very happy. Everyone is so kind and helpful to our family, as a family of color this is very important. Again, a great school

Posted September 21, 2011
Wow. Just started at OCS. What a great place! Both my elementary and high school children are loving it. They have a little more homework than when they were in public school but I can tell they are learning. Plus, the dedication of the teachers and staff is wonderful.

Posted September 20, 2011
Oakland Christian School is a very unique experience that I will honestly say you will not get anywhere else. At the beginning of the school year the teachers and staff all began to pray for every student by name. They get to know the students and their individual needs. Academically, on the field or court or in fine arts Oakland Christian strives to be the best.

Posted September 20, 2011
All I can say is that I'm so impressed with this school. The classrooms are amazing! I wish I had an environment like this when I went to school.

Posted June 19, 2011
As a ex student, I feel that this school has crushed all forms of originality and thought I had. I felt unwelcome wherever I was and being force to take religious classes made me despise organize religion. Every event, field-trip, activity seems to be done on a noticeable budget which makes everything seem cheesy. Also, if your consistently struggling don't expect any kind of helped from the teachers.Be prepared to be left in the dust.

Posted August 26, 2010
AS A EX STUDENT OF OAKLAND CHRISTIAN I can say with confidence that this school made my life miserable everyday. If your kids have any rebellious attitudes towards authority this is not the place. From the strict uniform dress code (feels terrible on your body, no way to express yourself) to the little "bubble" they put you in, this school was a failure. When I say "bubble" I mean they censor things out that aren't "Christian" or "Godly". There is a whole nother world out there and it is not fair for you to send your kids to a place where the outlook is so limited. I do have to admit, for the most part, the teachers were nice and honestly did care. But the few that didn't really messed up the experience. Everything they do is unorganized and in a way unprofessional (compared to public).

Oakland Christian School
3075 Shimmons Road, Auburn Hills, MI  48326
Last modified Oakland Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Oakland Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top