PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

OCS is a great place to grow Christ-centered relationships while maintaining strong athletics and academics.

My children have attended Oakland Christian School for the past seven years. Our overall experience at OCS has been outstanding. I am so thankful for OCS's nurturing and Christ-centered environment as well as their top notch academic program. I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else especially in our world of compromised values. I want my kids at a place where they can build that strong moral foundation! I have read some of the reviews and have never experienced some of the negative comments. I think there clearly is a misunderstanding or a misinterpretation of biblical principles.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very effective. Not only do the kids learn what they are expected to learn, but with the limited class sizes, they are able to really get to know the students. My child had a rough time in middle school and a few of the teachers were very helpful with my child's transition offering academic support as well as emotional support.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think the amount of homework is in line with the child's grade. Older students receive more homework than younger students, and homework/responsibility increases as the student gets older. Many kids say they were well prepared for what was expected in college.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, if a student or parent has an issue with another student or faculty member, the student or parent is to approach that other person following the biblically-based principles of mediation as found in the book of Matthew.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The staff does a great job of using guiding principles for their policies and students.

In deciding where to send our four children we searched and toured many schools in the area. We've been at OCS for 4 years now and every year we have more great experiences with the staff and the families.

I had a great experience in this school :) I recommend all Christian children to be educated in OCS yay~

This school would have done well in the middle ages or perhaps during the Salem Witch Trials. Children are forced to believe in what the teachers tell them is true if a teacher decides that 2+2 is 6 then that is what the child must say. They endorse rape culture by teaching girls that rape is what happens when you are immodest and that boys cannot control themselves; its always a woman's fault. My daughter came home crying one day because a teacher told the students that girls are not equal to boys but are subordinate and were only created to be their helpers. The students in this school are mostly judgmental bullies who care nothing of love or grace. If you want your child to be full of hate and injustice send them here.

I do not recommend Oakland Christian. The environment was almost like an episode straight out of a Science Fiction episode. These are young minds and the some of the beliefs shared by faculty were alarming at the very least. Teachers use religion as a scare tactic against certain practices, groups or behaviors and children are to conform, no room for opinion contrary to the school's beliefs. Someone used the word "hateful" in an assessment of the school and they were right on. Very discriminating school. My child is a strong student but it was a dangerous environment. Be very careful in considering this school.

Last modified Oakland Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12