Bad
Good

I have two students that currently attend Northwestern. I also used to attend this school. My husband and myself really enjoy the teachers and the principal. We had a problem involving another classmate and the principal took care of the issue right away. My children went to a previous school last year and only one was getting good grades and this school the teachers take there time and make sure they get good grades. I'm proud to say both of my children are passing with A's and B's!!! They both love the school they attend, and we are glad they had a smooth transition from one school to another. Thank you to the staff and Northwestern Junior High, go junior bearcats!!!!

I attended Northwestern from 2004 to 2007. While I was here, I was continually harassed by staff. I still have a collection of I.S.S. slips from 6th & 7th grade -- the stack is literally about two inches thick, and mostly for asinine things like having headphones around my neck (not on my ears) with no media device attached to them. Apparently, they were "disruptive" regardless of sound coming through them or not (that's the backwards logic being forced onto children these days). Unfortunately, the harassment came from other students, as well. It wasn't all bad, though. There were a few select teachers that I adored, one of whom was my mom's math teacher when she went here back in the 70's. The secretary was also very nice and kind to the students. Sadly, both of those wonderful people retired while I was attending. My sister will be attending here from 2012 to 2015 and I fear for her safety. Expect your child to be assaulted by another student at least once during their enrollment here.

There is a website for this school but it does not keep parents very informed at all. The calendars are never in place with vital information and there are no updates posted that I can ever find. Very disappointed and concerned about new merge with another school being closed.

Last modified Northwestern Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.