Beadle Lake Elementary School 4

Posted March 16, 2014
My son went to Beadle Lake Elementary for his 1st-3rd grade years. His teachers were excellent! Attentive and communicative. The new principal is doing such an amazing job with keeping things fun and interesting for the kids. As far as bullying, there seems to be a few kids who are the repeat offenders, but it's no different than any other school. I've never heard or seen any evidence of bullying, and I spend a decent amount of time there. The PTA does a lot to raise money for the kids' field trips. Where else can your 4th grader go on a trip to Mackinaw Island for two days and pay almost nothing out of pocket?? Just a shame that more parents aren't involved. There's about 8 people who do all the work, including myself. The secretary is a very nice lady, always very welcoming when you come in. There is a new intercom system with a camera to get into the school, which I appreciate. Neither me or my son have had a negative experience with the school or the bus system. There is a new after school pick-up system that makes it smoother than it used to be to pick your child up. No need to park/get out of your car, pretty nice in the winter. I will miss this school!!

Beadle Lake Elementary School 3

Posted December 14, 2012
I have had three children go to this school back in the early to mid 90's . Then it was great!! The principle was always involved. My granddaughter attended here in the kindergarden and it did not even come close as the same. Very disappointing. They need a new principle, especially with the violence in our schools today, school shootings, bullying, etc. It MUST start somewhere and elementary is the place to start!!!

Beadle Lake Elementary School 2

Posted June 06, 2006
From what I have seen the Principal is not effectively engaging the teachers. He has not addressed the staff and follow through with the way some staff behave/treat the kids (rude, yelling and harsh lunch room rules). The only discipline I have seen is walking laps instead of recess. The kids who need extra help are not getting in and the ones who need to be challenged are board. I have serious concerns about the level of education my children have and will have at this school. Good comments: The School secretary is helpful to everyone; they have a new Liberian, tech teacher and different Kindergarten teachers who really do a good job (big improvement). They have a long way to go. A few of the teachers my children have had really try hard and treat the children with respect. It's the bad ones who need to change or leave.

Beadle Lake Elementary School 2

Posted February 24, 2004
I am the mother of a second grader at Beadle Lake Elementary. It is unfortunate that I feel compelled to agree with the other posting here. The bully problem is out of hand and no matter what I've done it does not seem to stop. The bus is another source of frustration. After talking to the Transportation Director, I was told that 'lady - the kids are gonna learn that kind of language eventually' - to me this is unacceptable! I will be moving my children to another district next year!

Beadle Lake Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2003
This school is a parent's worst nightmare! With the exception of a few, most of the teachers my kids had were horribly abrasive, while the principal was uncontrolling of his staff. The bully problem in this school is horrendous. I would not recommend any child attend Beadle Lake Elementary!

Beadle Lake Elementary School
8175 C Drive North, Battle Creek, MI  49014
Last modified Beadle Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beadle Lake Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top