Battle Creek, MI

Posted October 30, 2014
I'm surprised the state rating is only yellow since this is a reward school meaning the school scored at the top for performance. At any rate the school is great. The teachers love the kids and they show it. There are many activities available for families to get involved during and after school. We have always felt welcome

Posted September 13, 2013
l went to this elementary and it is one of the best in Battle Creek Michigan!

Posted August 07, 2013
I am shocked to read about the school (although some of these reviews are years old) being "non parent friendly". I volunteer every single week and have never had a problem. Excellent school and the staff certainly wants EACH child to succeed. Job well done Wattles Park Elementary!

Wattles Park Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2007
Although the teachers seem up to par the school itself has problems. Even after the renovations the driveway is still in terrible shape. Also, the kids couldn't even drink the water for 3 years, no one seemed to care too much about that, all they wanted was a new high school. The district itself doesn't offer hardly any extra activities compared to Battle Creek and Lakeview schools. If it wasn't a transportation issue my child would not be attending Harper Creek schools.

Wattles Park Elementary School 4

Posted June 19, 2007
We moved here in March of 2007 and I read these reviews and interviewed the new principal and met our children's teachers. I was very impressed and one of our children has special needs and we were given the courtesy and respect along with all the special help and support we needed. The teachers are happy, supportive and the support staff from front office, kitchen and maintenance always take the time to chat with the kids. I am glad we made the decision to have an open mind and check it out for ourselves.

Posted May 05, 2007
I totally disagree, I love this school. With a child who began life with developmental struggles, my child's teacher, peers, etc, have been so impressive. My child has made many friends, and fits in quite well. I volunteer as often as I want, the PTA is great, the principal is super nice and I just feel blessed to have my child be a part of this school. There is not one bit of an unwelcome feeling when I walk through the front doors. My child is excited to attend every day at Wattles Park. Please don't jump to conclusions, this school aims for success!

Wattles Park Elementary School 1

Posted February 01, 2007
The school does not want to deal with kids who struggle. I have removed my child from there, got rid of the special ed and he is doing terrific!

Wattles Park Elementary School 3

Posted July 19, 2005
Great teachers make this a good school. Principal holds this back from being a great school. Very non-parent friendly and very closed-minded. But hey, the kids do get a whole 15 minutes to eat lunch.

Wattles Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2005
This school is so cold and uninviting. I moved my kids from this school district after two years. I would not recommend it to others. The principal is not a 'people person'.

Wattles Park Elementary School 3

Posted March 21, 2005
This school is still not parent friendly. The principal and office staff are not friendly and are often downright rude. Kids are not only rushed through lunch but required to wear their outdoor gear while they eat. Recent steps taken to improve saftey inside the school have failed, except to make parents feel more unwelcome, while saftey outside the school still has a long way to go. Some teachers refuse to have parents volunteer in the classroom. On the whole, this school is a struggle, and I'll be looking for a more inviting school for my child.

Wattles Park Elementary School
132 South Wattles Road, Battle Creek, MI  49014
Last modified Wattles Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wattles Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top