Public charter
Battle Creek, MI

Arbor Academy 5

Posted November 05, 2009
My daughters academic performance and standardized test scores made a huge jump after switching to arbor academy for two years. Two teachers to a classroom and a rigorous focus on core academics, has made a big difference for our daughter. Most notable is the behavioral diffence in kids attending arbor academy, they are polite and focusiong on work whenever I or my wife come to pick up our daughter. Teachers focus on student personal responsibility and have a clear plan for classroom and individual child disciplinary matters. Yes. they could do more extracurriculars but that is not the central purpose of a good school. They have commited and effective teachers staff and principal. The acedemic results for our daughter have been fantastic. Our daughter gets up early and wants, that's right wants to go to school now. This is not like public school at all. Thank you Arbor Academy of BC.

Posted June 06, 2007
I switched from Lakeview to Arbor for the better teacher to student ratio. It made a huge difference in my son's education. In response to the push to medicate, his teachers never suggested it. We started out the year with yellow cards 2-3 times a week, all for pretty much the same thing - talking out of turn, bothering other students, etc. His teachers were willing to work with us, emailing us with additional progress notes. They worked with us on his behavioral issues and he moved up to 1st grade reading. The level of parental involvement is amazing. My only complaint is that they don't have a good music, art or PE program in place. I think this school should push for a gym to be built.

Posted October 26, 2005
The school seems to focus more on academics than the arts. I chose it partially for that reason. There seems to be a high level of parent involvement, at least they strongly encourage it. I feel that the 1st graders are not active enough though and are forced to sit still for too long for their age. They are strongly trying to push me to medicate my child because of a few behavioral problems that have progressively (slowly) been improved upon, even though my child shows an academic achievement level above the classmates (which contradicts ADHD). They are willing to let me take my child to the doctors to make the decision myself though. Overall they are a good school, but there are a few things that can be improved upon.

Arbor Academy 5

Posted October 25, 2004

Posted May 16, 2004

Arbor Academy
55 Arbor Street, Battle Creek, MI  49015
Last modified Arbor Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arbor Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top