Public charter
Battle Creek, MI
Before care: Yes

Endeavor Charter Academy 1

Posted October 02, 2014
School very disappointing. Very little help if you have any issues with anything. Office lady's worthless at best. Safety of children questionable. They have no clue of procedures or policies. Really very sad.

Endeavor Charter Academy 3

Posted January 22, 2014
I had heard rave reviews about Endeavor. They are doing great with my son and the kids have been friendly despite his frequent meltdowns during class. His teacher is fabulous with helping him with this. My daughter had to be pulled out however because the administration and teacher were unresponsive to our needs in middle school to have her change classes due to the bullying/rudeness and said nothing could be done, classes were full. Yet a new girl came in after her and was put in one of those classes. Her teacher was nice but clearly in denial or uncaring or had lost hope in change about his class' true nature. I know middle school is a tough time but still, nothing? The lunch hour is a problem too. Sometimes students are left totally unsupervised. NOT OK EVER. Academically the school is doing great and has steps in place to challenge advanced students and a rep of doing a good job helping failing students (from other schools) begin to succeed.

Endeavor Charter Academy 4

Posted December 20, 2013
I transferred my daughters over to this school this year from BC public schools and I believe that it was a great decision. It took some getting use to for them with uniforms and all, but overall I like the academic expectations that they have for the students and the teachers seem to be involved and concerned. I am able to contact their teachers when needed and feel that this school is doing a great job. My children will be returning next year.

Endeavor Charter Academy 2

Posted May 22, 2013
First year for my kid at this school and probably the last. Don't like the way the administration treats problems; confidential matters were told to the students. Bullying is rampant; punishment is inconsistent, and it seems to be teachers as well as the students who are bullying. I agree with the other review, we should be able to find out why there was a lockdown; my student said the rumor was that a person was seen outside the school with a gun. If the kids think that's what happened there's a problem and parents should be made aware. Rare to have a teacher contact me and difficult to find the dean with time to talk about problems. Latest teacher change was not handled well, we were informed that a teacher had left but received no info on the replacement from the school, just what the student came home and said had happened.

Endeavor Charter Academy 3

Posted May 02, 2013
This is my daughter's second year at Endeavor. We have several issues along the way from to many changes in teachers ... to improper behavior by another student. We were able to address the improper behavior after contacting the teacher and then the principal. Usually we can get things taken care of but it takes a lot to get the attention of certain authority figures. Biggest problem we have is that when there was a lockdown at school this year we were not allowed to know why. We contacted the teacher, the facebook page for the school, the principal, the dean and even the parent relation department of National Heritage Academies. We have not gotten an answer to our concerns and feel that this is a HUGE concern when choosing a school. WE WANT TO KNOW OUR DAUGHTER IS SAFE, but how do you know that if the school isn't open with you about things like lockdowns. Please make sure that you ask lots of questions and get them all answered before enrolling in any school.

Posted May 25, 2011
Love this school! Our entire family goes to this school. Wasn't too impressed with the first grade teacher, but others are wonderful! When I compared my child's education with other children the same age at othe schools Endeavor was WAY above the bar. Parents you have to be ready to be envolved with your child's education!

Posted January 31, 2011
This is my 10th and last year to have kids in this school. It has been an amazing school with a close knit family environment. Academics and education are great and have serviced them way into high school. Thanks Endeavo!

Endeavor Charter Academy 1

Posted January 21, 2011
Not a great school where is your mind at. Teacher and Principle come up to you and tell you that you are not allowed in the building even your child is in the building. Asking to many question is bad think.... Hate that school..

Endeavor Charter Academy 4

Posted December 12, 2010
My son came from a Battle Creek Public school which was just not meeting his needs. He has ADHD and that coupled with numerous teachers that were not equiped to handle it, meant poor scores for him. He began Endeavor in the 4th grade, his teacher was great and understood his needs and adapted to him without accomodating him to the point where he thought he could get away with anything. 5th grade was a struggle, with absolutely no help from the teacher because she constantly was in a "bad mood" (her words). This year, he has a wonderful understanding teacher that doesn't put up with nonsense, but understands his ADHD. Bottom line...kids need to learn how to deal with many different types of teachers/bosses/people. I think they do an acceptional job of dealing with so many different children.

Posted December 10, 2010
This is our daughters first year in school. The school is great and the teachers are fantastic. Plenty of opportunity for parent involvment. Great parent teacher communication. To other parents: NOT enrollling your child at Endeavor is a big mistake.

Endeavor Charter Academy
380 Helmer Road North, Battle Creek, MI  49037
Last modified Endeavor Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Endeavor Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top