Posted August 06, 2008
My son Jacob has attended Kindergarten at Minges Brooke Elem and I am impressed with all he has learned in Mrs. Buckley's class and look forward to him starting first grade this fall. The school is very nice and clean, the office staff always so pleasant, and I love how he was able to have different teachers when it came to art, music and speech because it taught him to open up more and how you can learn all kinds of wonderful things from different people. Mrs. Buckley's class would always send home a Friday Folder with projects and school work that they had done during the week, planned field trips and did fun activities on a daily basis. Jacob has learned so much and I am impressed what he has learned for just being in Kindergarten and look forward to him returning and my middle son starting there next year!!

Minges Brook School 1

Posted January 16, 2008

Posted July 07, 2007
I currently have a kindergartner and a second grader at Minges and I could not be happier. The principal cares about all you concerns and cares about each child. I believe that Minges has some of the best teachers around. I feel comfortable sending my children to minges I know that they are in a safe environment. If you want a great school Minges is the place to go. Becky Senn

Posted September 19, 2006
This is my daughters first year at minges brook elementary, but so far everythig has been great. She has all kinds of things available to her, like gym computers,art, music,science,math and alot more and she is only in kindergarten. Cant wait to see what higher grades offer.

Posted November 29, 2005
My son started here in developmental kindergarten under the old principal. I was not happy with his teacher or the principal. I was glad to see them both retire. Under this new leadership, the school seems to be much more organized, from the flow of traffic, to the student hallways, to school events, to the content of information sent home. My kindergartener is singing songs in Spanish and can run a computer better than me. They have a counselor that comes in to teach a class weekly on self esteem, bullying, etc. There is a huge amount of parental involvement here. I have two children now attending and their teachers are superb! I am very impressed with the new principal and look forward to many more exciting years here. The only thing I wish the school offered was more diversity. -Amy

Minges Brook School 4

Posted February 21, 2005
my child attended Minges Brook under the previous principal. If all is the same, I would strongly recommend this school. Even with new leadership, the teachers are excellent. Some assign more homework than others, but felt that my child received a solid start to her middle and high school years. It was too bad that the strings program had to be discontinued. Good PTA and teachers encouraged me to drop into class at any time.

Minges Brook School 3

Posted November 05, 2004
Minges Brook is under new principal leadership this year. I have 2 children that attend Minges Brook. The teaching staff is by far their greatest asset. They also have a great support(reading,counseling, computers, etc) staff. I am not overly impressed by the new principal. My observations of her are she thinks she is more important than the school, or the students. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the year goes. I hope I won't have to have to many interactions with her as I don't think I would respect her at this point just from what I have seen when I have been in the school. Only time will tell. Thankfully the teachers and staff are true professionals and they will compensate for anything lacking in leadership and they always put the kids first!

Posted October 17, 2004
I have had two children attend Minges and I can't say enough goos things about it. We moved here from another state and were welcomed with open arms. The teachers are very friendly and they offer a wonderful learning environment. The teachers excel in their inside and outside involvement with the children. This is a place where children feel safe and nurtured. Parents are involved a great deal with this school. You sometimes have standing room only. This is a great school.

Minges Brook School 2

Posted February 02, 2004
I am not impressed with this school. We moved here recently and I do not find this to be the best school that my child has attended. The teachers are not very friendly. Thankfully my child was able to talk to the school counselor. He is a real advocate for children. He helped my child make the adjustment to a difficult learning environment.

Minges Brook School 4

Posted January 12, 2004
New to the school this year. My overall experience has been ok. The school itself is nice and small. They have a wonderful support staff. I do feel that the curriculum is awesome but question the amount of homework give at times.

Minges Brook School
435 Lincoln Hill Drive, Battle Creek, MI  49015
Last modified Minges Brook School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Minges Brook School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top