Bad
Good

Posted October 10, 2014
My child attended the Lakeview school system from k-5 with 5th grade being last year. There were many ups and downs through elementary at Riverside and then came Lakeview Middle School. Everything written below is 100% true. The teachers are uninspiring and the administration is awful. It was a struggle to get my child to earn grades because he didn't want to be at school. My child had zero interest in any of his teachers and they no interest in my child as a result. It the teachers responsibility to inspire children to want to learn, this does not happen here. Proof of this is we moved out of the community and attending a new public school. 2 months in straight A's and wants to go to school and loves school. hmmmmm amazing when the teachers care and inspire the children to want to learn. So in short if you want to send your child to a school with a bunch of teachers who are there to collect a pay check and get summers off and an administration that allows favoritism and is completely unorganized and makes poor decisions on a regular basis then send your child here. If not I would look elsewhere!! Terrible school!

Posted November 12, 2013
Administration is full of idiots. Caitlyn Jackson Caitlyn Jackson Caitlyn Jackson Caitlyn Jackson Caitlyn Jackson

Posted May 28, 2013
I m a student here in Lakeview Middle School Battle Creek, MI. I ve attended the award ceremony just a few hours ago 5/28/13 6 pm. Of course I received an award that I deserve, but nothing what I was expecting especially when I worked hard for it. I m one of the students with the highest GPA and yet I didn t receive recognition for High Academic Achievement or awarded for the subject areas I was good at. I ve noticed few students and classmates who did receive awards but have lesser GPA than me. I also noticed the students that were on stage today are students that are either popular or the one who are sucking up to the teachers. There are a few I know who do deserve awards but they too suck up to the teachers. I m not jealous or anything. It s a matter of fairness from this school. What s so bad about it, I noticed the teachers and administrators encourage this kind of thing FAVORITISM. Oh when it comes to politics, I ve noticed most of the teachers here are for the Blue team (subtly influencing most of the na ve students). Parents are either scared or too busy to notice how this school is being run and this school is the worst school I ve been to.

Lakeview Middle School 2

Posted April 22, 2013
As a former Lakeview student, I am not impressed with the way things are. Teachers do not communicate with the parents. Didn't when I was a student and still don't. It's a sink or swim environment. Adminstration is still very political. Office staff is unhelpful. I would not recommend Lakeview to anyone.

Lakeview Middle School

Posted September 18, 2008
I have went to lakeview my whole life. This is great school for anyone. Even if your,purple,blue,pink or gold. It doesn't matter here, Everyone treats everyone Equal.

Lakeview Middle School 5

Posted July 13, 2004
Most of the staff at this school are doing a wonderful job. The school has come a long way in the last 8 years. I have older children now so have been through all the changes. The teaming idea is a very good one. I think this idea has the childrens best interest in mind. The staff is mostly young and kids at this age seem to like that. Overall I think this is the best school in the district.

Lakeview Middle School
300 South 28th Street, Battle Creek, MI  49015
Last modified Lakeview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.