Battle Creek, MI
Students enrolled: 1,173

Battle Creek Central High School 5

Posted December 22, 2014
Battle Creek Central is a wonderful school! They have teacher's and administrators who really love what they do! If you try to find trouble here, you will. But that's the same for every school. Battle Creek Central has many wonderful opportunities for everyone!

Battle Creek Central High School 5

Posted November 17, 2014
I am a BCC graduate currently attending the University of Michigan. Battle Creek Central gave me everything i needed to do well here at one of the top universities in the country. I had excellent teachers. Life is what you make of it. If you look for negativity you will find it.

Posted August 27, 2014
Battle Creek Central is one of the worst schools I have ever laid eyes on. The staff are completely un-involved in the students academic progress, they offer no help to students, the violence in this school is so high that gangs are formed. It is a terrible learning and pubescent playground of adults who do not care, parents who add to the equation and pupils who turn against each other. An unhealthy, un-beneficial, and cannibalistic school where humans turn against each other. I recommend that no one should attend this school. Ever.

Posted November 03, 2012
I attended Central from 2007 to 2009 -- obviously, I dropped out. My experience here was terrible. The vast majority of the teachers will not give you any extra help (and usually belittle you for "not paying enough attention in class" regardless of how hard you try) It's almost impossible to fully focus on lessons when other students are constantly disruptive and disrespectful. None of the administration is willing to help and will talk over you when you're trying to explain your issues. Even my community counselor supported my decision to drop out because the curriculum was designed for the "average student," which doesn't exist. He said I'd be better off getting a GED! Your child(ren) will be treated like a number here. Want an example? My community principal begged me to go to a class I'd been skipping just so they could get their $4,000 for every enrolled student and ADMITTED that was the reason why. No wonder the students don't even care about their education -- they can plainly see that no one else does! If I were a parent and still lived in Battle Creek, I would homeschool my child before sending them here. We didn't call it Battle Creek Central Penitentiary for no reason!

Posted March 05, 2011
When I came to this school my freshman year,I was so scared. I heard all about this school and was not looking forward to all the B.S. I was gonna have to put up with.At first,school was okay,but it has gotten so much worse over the years of me going there.I hate it so much.Kids are disrespectful and ruin everything for the kids who actually want to learn. The school is dirty and smelly! And,the teachers don't care about us students at all!! All we are is a number to the staff. I can't wait to graduate next school year...I don't want to be here anymore. This school seriously depresses me :(

Battle Creek Central High School 2

Posted January 22, 2011
Horrible school. Horrible teachers, horrible students, horrible academics, just plain horrible!!! The majority of the students are rude and disrespectful, most of the teachers just don't seem to care, and there's nothing that ever gets done about it! They've spent so much time and money trying to build this new high school, but the problems they had before are worse then ever! And not to mention the fact that the new building is already looks horrible due to the extreme disrespect of the students, and it's not even finished yet! Plus, the district spends too much money on the most ridiculous things! Huge flat screen tv's all over the cafeteria that don't even get used, but the students don't have enough of the supplies (paper, pencils, calculators, books, etc.) that they need in class! It's no wonder that so many students are opting out for other schools once they reach the high school level! Ever wonder while BCC's enrollment keeps going down even though St. Philip's, Lakeview's, Pennfield's, and Harper Creek's keep going up? GET IT TOGETHER BCPS!!!!!

Posted May 26, 2010
New High School, and Superintendent! WoW! like that's gonna fix it. :( Now all the district needs to do is clean house downtown and K-12... then get the students that skip school, in fights all the time, and some of the teachers that don't need to be there, OUT!!!! And for the students that want to learn can. BCPS stop catering to the parents and make them accountable for there kids, you are so worried about them leaving the district, the good students are already gone, Take a look at the staff and where there childern attend school. NOT BCPS!!!! Because the focus isn't on education!

Posted May 25, 2010
BCPS is a BIG JOKE! Nofs was crazy and not there for the kids, Jones Ad, is just plan old and evil, it's time to just go. Stop holding up progress for the future! And the district lets this go on, The only thing I have to say is Good Luck to the New Superintendent! You need to CLEAN HOUSE. K-12 Visit each and every school for about a week sitting in class rooms, some teachers can't even teach, do to bad behavior. And don't let them know your coming Just show up! My prayers are with you!

Battle Creek Central High School 4

Posted November 11, 2009
I am a former BCC student who graduated in 2006 and I have to say that I genuinely appreciate all of the knowledge and guidance I received from this school. I am currently a senior at Western Michigan University with a 4.0 GPA. I think that BCC played a big part in helping me achieve this and no matter what anyone says about the school, I wouldn't trade the experiences I had there for anything. I strongly believe that school will be what you make of it. I can't believe that anyone who really tried could say that the teachers there don't care because I have experienced first hand how many, many of the teachers care about education and helping the students in any way possible. I will send my (future) children to this school because that is how much I value the education I received there. Go Bearcats!

Battle Creek Central High School 0

Posted April 24, 2009
Oh my were should I start, The pressure our teens have these days are greater then ever, yet our teachers may be book smart.(maybe key word). But they lack the knowledge on how to deal with a student(our kids) that may not be the perfect student. They show little or no respect to these kids and think the only way to handle a situation is to put the child out of class which eventually leads to suspion. Which effects the childs education. I understand bad behavior effects those trying and willing to learn. But lets face it we all have different personalities and not every child is going to be the same. If our teachers would show are these students some respect and learn how to communicate with kids that may come from a different background. I think they really need some additional training.

Battle Creek Central High School
100 West Van Buren Street, Battle Creek, MI  49017
Last modified Battle Creek Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Battle Creek Central High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top