Berkley, MI
Students enrolled: 1,241

Berkley High School 4

Posted October 12, 2010
Helping me daughter achieve as much as she wants too!

Posted October 03, 2009
Its cool to be smart..........,The teachers are great, just look them up and see. They are rated in the top schools in thr country.

Posted September 16, 2009
Great teachers who really care about their students, excellent Test scores High graduation rate, Students are well behaved, and its a safe learning environment.

Posted February 09, 2009
Berkley High School (a premiere school) is a quietly kept gem in Oakland County, Michigan! My son has attended Berkley schools since 7th grade and he is now a senior preparing for graduation in June 2009. Our experience has shown that virtually everyone within the middle school (Norup) he attended and Berley High are very caring PROFESSIONALS. From the counseling staff that help guide your child into every available talented & gifted program available both in & outside the districet to the teachers who will go above and beyond to write college recomendation letters. Did I mention the unified parental involvement that is contagious? Wonderful school all the way around. It makes me wish I could have attended one just like it! Thank you to all who make the Berkley experience so wonderful, especially Mr. Daryl Beebe, Mr. Watson and Mrs. Downer in the Counseling Department. S. Smith

Posted November 08, 2007
Berkley is an excellent school with fantastic gifted learning programs. I attended from 1996-2001, and earned a full tuition academic scholarship for 4 years to Michigan State University. There are a ton of extra curricular activities, I was involved in Dance, Choir, Color Guard (Drill Team), and Drama productions and had excellent experiences with all of them. My brother played Rugby and Football, and continued to play Rugby at MSU. Berkley has one of the only Girls Rugby teams in the state, girls and boys swimming and diving programs, a golf team, a bowling team and a girls gymnastics team as well as the standard sports programs. Parents in the community are very involved. The Center for Advanced Studies and the Arts (CASA) offers a number of AP classes, dance, ceramics, and language courses. I had excellent experiences with the Japanese language program there. Berkley is an excellent school.

Posted September 19, 2006
Berkley High is an excellent school. The administration, counselors and the educators are very interested in the students. The selection of honors and AP classes are varied as well as the district's participation in CASA, which is located outside of Berkley High, but is another option for advanced students. Dr. Lopez, the principal, is strictly hands-on manager and knows and cares about each student who attends classes there. Parental involvement is very high and the surrounding Berkley community is number one!

Berkley High School 4

Posted January 12, 2006
This is an excellent school, only getting better. The only thing that needs work is the Social Studies department.

Posted January 10, 2006
Berkley High School is an outstanding school with an excellent pricncipal and staff. Academics are first rate and the sports program is solid especially soccer. The district does have the same financial constraints as other districts and has instituted a very reasonable pay to play fee. There really is not a district or high school in the state that I would rate higher.

Posted July 22, 2005
Berkley High School is an AMAZING school! The faculty is very focused on giving students a diverse and educational learning environment. Teachers challenge your skills for the better. Your teachers always want to give you an extra push, challange yourself! BHS is very popular because of high scores on varies testing, ex:MEAP. I always felt safe, blessed, and honored to attend a school that cared so much for its students and faculty. I studied real hard and got accepted to MSU and Detroit Mercy. I'm very proud of myself, and I give all the credit to my great teachers for always believing in me and always expecting highly of me! Thats what makes me the person I am today! B-H-S!

Posted November 04, 2004
Being a graduate of Berkley High and having parents that have lived in the district since the early 1970s, the school is a great mix of high expectations and ways to get students to achieve at a high level. I substitute in the district and the school has really shot off the charts in terms of academic quality, athletic programs, and opportunities for students. Perhaps I am biased due to the fact that I attended the school, but the community cares about kids, and the students I meet really respond and appear driven. No wonder families move to Huntington Woods, Oak Park, or Berkley. The school district deserves much of the credit, as does the teachers, and the students who work so hard every single day. It is a pleasure to go back Berkley.

2325 Catalpa Drive, Berkley, MI  48072
Last modified Berkley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berkley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top