Bad
Good

We moved to Berkley in 2012 and started our child in Angell's Kindergarten program this year. It is amazing! The Kindergarten coursework is done very well. There is something exciting happening almost every week it seems. Lots of parent involvement, fun activities. From just driving by the other schools in Berkley I believe ours needs the most "updates".

Although there are some great teachers at Angell, the overall quality of the school has suffered with the fluctuation in administration. The physical shape of the buildings, especially in contrast to other Berkley schools, reflects the status of Angell in the district. It has the lowest scores in the district and these have consistently gone down. The current administration rationalizes its shortcomings and avoids dealing with problems such as bullying which are becoming increasingly common. I cannot recommend this school. It is a popular school-of-choice option, but I would look at others, even if it means securing a place in Berkley.

my son started kindergarten at Angell 2012-2013 they opened up a 5th kindergarden class so there were under 20 kids per class. we have a new principal this year who is doing a great job. My son loves going to school there and I am pleased with the progress my son has made. keep up the great work Angell.

My oldest started kindergarten at Angell in 2006 and I couldn't be happier with the school. The principal is available and approachable by parents and students alike. My children have had great teachers who truly care for their students and student body as a whole. The PTA is awesome and sponsors many events that benefit students at all grade levels. If you're wondering about the district or Angell in particular, wonder no more. You will be delighted with Angell Elementary.

We love Angell! The Principal, Mr Sandoval is wonderful and caring! We have been there 2 years now and have loved every minute of it. Now my son has Mrs. Cover for 1st Grade and loves every second of his day, we are truly blessed to live in such a great community with a awesome school to attend.

My daughter has been at Angell for 3 years now, and 2 of the 3 teachers have been exceptional, but all it takes is 1 bad teacher. The principal has been unwilling to work with us in resolving the issues that face us next year as they have put my daughter with the same lousy teacher for a second year in a row. We will most likely have to pull both of our children from the district. Unbelievable!

My daughter has excelled here in many ways. She has been blessed with great teachers in a school with lots of morale. Strong work!

I have two children at Angell and at first I thought we would have trouble, but my children have adjusted very well. My 2nd grader is having difficult times reading and the teachers have been very good. Thank you Angell Elementry

When we were starting to get our 2nd child ready for kindergarten, we were having her tested for a Learning Disability. After we got the diagonsis and the docs found out we were going to Berkley School's, they were thrilled! Berkley has one of the best Therapy programs for Learning Disabilities, that we feel very happy and satisfied that we chose Angell Elementary and the Berkley School District for our children's schooling.

Last modified Angell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.