No rating

Our Lady Queen of Martyrs School

Private | PK-8 | 36 students

Living in Beverly Hills

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $200,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted April 25, 2013

Our children love OLQM, it is our second family. The teachers are great and go beyond to help the students in every way. It's a very welcoming school. We have been happy here for the past 7 years. There are plenty of CYO/Intramural sports to choose from each season. Great scouting and AHG programs. Plenty of fun family school events. Lots of parent involment in many ways-making you feel more a part of your childs learning. Mom-Tot playgroup drew us in-and we anticipate staying til 8th grade graduation! Great preschool program and bonus of an after school and before school program for school age children.

Posted March 18, 2012

The post from December 23rd 2011 is not referencing a fourth grade student. The attitude displayed by the poster on February 29th is typical of the prevalent attitude that if you don't "just go along", you are labeled as irrational. That post is a perfect display of trying to single out an individual and label them.

Posted March 5, 2012

We have 2 young kids at OLQM and we love it there. We don t think we could have found a school that cares more for our kids. We know our kids are safe and in good hands when we drop them off. We are also amazed at how much our kids are learning, even at such a young age. OLQM s academics are top notch, as is its teaching/reinforcement of character and respect. OLQM is helping provide the solid foundation kids need to grow into caring, responsible, and productive adults.

Posted February 29, 2012

The problem with forums like this (and other internet blogs) is that it allows anyone to post a comment for the world to see. Whether right, wrong, just, injust, rational or irrational (ref 12/23/11 post). OLQM has a first rate staff and excellent leadership. Most importantly, there is not a bullying problem at OLQM and parents are not pulling their kids because of it. In fact, enrollment is increasing. What it does have is a disgruntled ex parent, who feels the world is against their only child, who could not manipulate the staff to his (or the parents) liking. This child has since moved on to his fourth school (currently a 4th grader), which is a clear indication of where the problem resides.

Posted September 18, 2010

We have three boys at OLQM and we have been in the school since 2003. The overall environment is incredible. The acedemic program is second to none and the teacher's and staff really care about the kids. There is a real partnership between the teacher's and the parents to ensure that the children thrive. The family involvement in the school is amazing - it feels like home whenever you walk into the building. We will always make whatever finanical sacrifices are needed to ensure that our boys can continue to attend this wonderful school.

Posted February 8, 2009

I have gone to OLQM since pre-k and have loved every second of it! The teachers are great! but the only thing that is somewhat bad would be that since you are in a small class enviroment, you get sick of everyone once you are in 8th grade. but overall it is a great school!

Posted August 21, 2008

I have 3 children at OLQM and can't say enough about this school! It is such a wonderful, loving community and my children love going to school everyday! The staff is fantastic, challenging, nurturing.The families are all very involved and all and all this school is wonderful and I can't imagine my children anywhere else! If your considering this school I too urge you to visit the staff and speak with the kids, you will see what a great school it is!

Posted July 26, 2008

The parents seem to think this school is a blessing, in my opinion its more of a burden, and their kids obviously aren't saying the truth about this place.

Posted February 14, 2008

We became involved with OLQM through the Pre Kindergarden program. The families we met and got to know have kept us here at OLQM. It is a true community of families to support the students and teachers. Our two sons love their teachers. Excellent place to learn.

Posted February 6, 2008

I am a student at OLQM! I enjoy my time there! A lot of learning goes on and the teachers are really nice! Thanks A Million!

Posted February 1, 2008

My son came to OLQM as an eighth grader. I only wish I would have found this school years earlier. Every aspect of this school is outstanding from academics to extracurricular activities. The learning environment is filled with the warmth of the teachers, who go above and beyond to teach.

Posted October 8, 2007

I can't say enough about the education and environment offered to our two children at OLQM. Expectations are high, the learning environment is appropriate, and the children are loved. I wouldn't send them any other place.

Posted September 14, 2007

My daughter has attended OLQM since 1st grade and is now in her final year (8th). My son attended OLQM's Early Childhood Center and 1/2 day K, and is now in 1st grade. We have found every important aspect of the school to be excellent: staff; academics; faith; discipline; intramural & CYO athletics; extracurricular activities; diversity. The parents at OLQM are second to none. This is the right school for my kids without question. For those shopping for a school for their kid/s, I encourage you to give OLQM a look. Meet the faculty, take a tour of the school and meet some of the students and parents. If you value what we do, you will make it your second home like so many of us have!

Posted September 10, 2007

We have three children at OLQM ranging from 1st grade to 7th grade. The school is academically demanding, spritually fulfilling, challenging and loving. It is made up of a close knit community of parents, teachers and administrators with the common goals of a great education along with strong Christian values. Sending our children to OLQM has been an outstanding choice for our family!

Posted March 21, 2006

We have had children at OLQM since 1995. This school is a blessing! The faculty is dedicated to the education of your child. I would encourage you to visit and talk to current families. This school is for every level of student, They encourage and challenge the very brightest to the struggling, I thank God every day for this beautiful school, Lorri Delaney Mother of 7 OLQM students

Posted February 9, 2006

Great learning environment, dedicated teachers, involved parents-fantastic prep for high school. The children are well disciplined. Great math and science programs. Good athletic opportunity at all levels. Good religious environment. The pastor is just tremendous. You can not go wrong sending you child to OLQM.

Posted January 24, 2006

I agree with the Oct '04 review. There is a lot to be said for a school whose parents get so involved. The teachers are first rate and all care. More after-school activities are being added. I have two kids there (several years) and very happy.

Posted November 7, 2004

My child 1st semester in 4th grade. 'It's a tough school mom.' Academically demanding!!! I like that. Great location, facility and faculty. Caring people. Drawbacks: student body & staff has no much diversity, predominantly wasp. Art program is weak. Once a week for 1/2 hour.

Posted October 9, 2004

OLQM is by far the best school I have ever been associated with. I taught there for four years and they were the best four years of my life. The faculty and administration had one thing on their minds and that was to provide the students with the best education possible. Parental involvement was high and students were held accountable for their actions. The Principal and Dean of Students are wonderful. I would recommend OLQM to anyone who wants a quality education for his or her son or daughter.
—Submitted by a teacher

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

African-American 3% 19%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%
Multiracial 1% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (248) 642-3671

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Detroit

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

32460 Pierce Street