School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Greenfield Elementary School. We thank you for visiting this website and we hope it provides you with meaningful information about our school. At the foundation of our success is our comprehensive Character Education program. Greenfield Elementary was honored as a National School of Character by the Character Education Partnership in Washington D.C. in 2009. We were one of ten schools out of two hundred eighty in the country to receive this prestigious honor. Our staff, students and parents are committed to promoting high character in all aspects of our school day. We have been fortunate to establish and maintain a meaningful home/school partnership with our families. The Greenfield PTA has been instrumental in our success and provides our students and staff with volunteer support and financial support. We consistently have between 95% and 100% parent attendance at our Parent-Teacher Conferences. The staff at Greenfield Elementary is dedicated to student learning and student achievement. They eagerly participate in numerous professional development opportunities and activities at the building, district and county level. Our school provides a rigorous curriculum that meets the varying needs of our students. We are proud to be a part of a productive, caring and supportive school community. If you are considering having your child attend Greenfield, please contact my office (248) 203-3217 and we will arrange for a personal tour of our beautiful state-of-the art facility built in 2006. www.birmingham.k12.mi.us and select Greenfield Elementary.
July 23, 2016

Bad
Good

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted July 23, 2016

Greenfield Elementary School. My daughter graduates tomorrow and has a wonderful experience academically and socially at this school. It s administration and teachers are quite simply the best.

We have had such a wonderful experience at Greenfield with our two children. From the principal, to his administrator, to the leader of the PTA, to all of the teachers we have had the privilege of working with, they have all taken a great interest in our children. Each of them has taken an interest in not only teaching the curriculum, but also how to be a good human being. In 2009, the school was named as a "National School of Character"; one of 10 nationally that year. I have never felt more of a part of the community than I have while at Greenfield.

I have been a staff member at Greenfield for just shy of 10 years. Greenfield is a building with caring, knowledgable teachers, a wonderful principal, and kind and helpful secretaries. The diverse student population are hard working and engaged in 21st century learning. Greenfield staff, students, and families pride themselves in showing "The Greenfield Way": Respect, Responsibility, and Kindness and have been recognized as a National School of Character. It would be very hard to find a better school not only to give students an excellent differentiated education but also teach kids great character.

My daughter attendend Greenfield Elementary for less than 3 weeks. I witnessed two incidents that were inexcusable. I took my daughter out of the school in kindergarten. She is now in fifth grade. I will enroll her in the Birmingham Middle School and hope to have a positive experience under different leadership.

I am a fifth grader at Greenfield and being here for 6 years this school is good academically and the kids ok here and the teachers are pretty good too.

I am an alumni of Greenfield Elementary and I loved every moment of school. I loved my teachers, I loved the environment and I loved all of the opportunities that greenfield bestowed upon me. I WISH I lived in that neighborhood as an adult, because all of my children would most definitely be students at Greenfield Elementary. Keep up the great work! GO GATORS!

Hey, don't go after my daughter The noon aid you speak about is much too old and crabby to be still working there.

Greenfield is so much more than an elementary school. It is the center of a close knit, caring, nurturing community. The teachers are well educated, caring, and enthusiastic. The principal is wonderful. I can't recommend it enough.

Both of my children attended this outstanding school. They currently are in middle school and are both in advanced placement classes. From the moment you walk in the building everyone knows everyone. It is a true community school. The staff and admnistration are excellent and the environment here is warm and engaging. My family and I feel fortunate that our children were able to attend Greenfield Elementary!

Last modified Greenfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.