Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am currently at groves, however I am switching to seaholm nest year. While I have been at groves, it has not been a good experience. The teachers were nice, and the counselors were helpful, the people there aren't all that nice. Some students are very distracting and disruptive during class, others wont even give you the time of day. People aren't inclusive at all, and quite frankley, some are extriemly rude. Unless you are already friends with a lot of people, I wish you luck with making friends at groves because you are going to need it. There are a few exeptions, not everyone is bad, however these kinds of people are very few and far between. Or at least that is what I have found. I know that most people say that groves is a very inclusive place, that is not at all how I experienced it. I am counting down the days until I never have to step foot in that building again, and I am hoping that things will be better at seaholm.

I have a graduating senior and another child who graduated from Groves a few years ago... I wanted to say something about the OUTSTANDING support we have received from their counsellors!! I don't know if we would have made it thru these last 6 years without them. From helping with scheduling, friend issues, support for us as parents as well as for my children on a one to one basis. They have gone above and beyond our expectations. When college issues arrived, we could ALWAYS count on them for help from essays to filling out applications. I can't say enough about it... THEY ARE THE BEST!! THANK YOU GROVES FOR HAVING AMAZING COUNSELLORS TO LEAN ON!!

I am a graduate of Groves High School and now attend an Ivy League university. Groves High School prepares students for any challenge that may lay ahead. Aside from the counseling department, I have not a single complaint about the school and its administration.

Great faculty and wonderful environment for students to develop their talents and prepare for college. No reason to attend private school when Groves is available.

Just graduated. I could not have asked for a better high school experience. I made friendships with people of every race and religion, interacted with teachers who truly care about their students, and always, always, felt at home. The opportunities to grow at Groves are endless. Diversity here is an inherent part of life, and that makes for a unique atmosphere. The only one complaint I could make about Groves is the counseling staff--some (not all) of the counselors are truly incompetent and/or extremely unfriendly to students. Beware when applying to college--many of them gave me and others false information about test scores, where to apply, and more. Do your own research. Other than that, Groves is a wonderful place to spend your high school career. Most of the teachers are extremely knowledgeable, passionate, and caring; our principal is also fabulous. I'm glad I chose to spend my four years here.

Amazing school. Many AP choices. Outstanding teachers. The staff is very involved with extra-curricular activies. Respect is given to both the students by the staff and to the staff by the students. High school is half the size of others in the area. The students I know love this school.

I'm currently a junior; I graduate in 2010. Groves offers many honors and AP classes, along with many extra-curricular activities and classes. The teachers here are, overall, amazing. The majority are at the top of their group. In the history, government, and other 'social studies' classes especially, there is daily discussion about the impacts of past events and things going on today. One teacher I was fortunate to have for my freshman world cultures class and AP American History classes later won an award for the best Michigan history teacher, and nationwide was second place. We also had an award winning Theatre arts teacher. Most of our extra-curricular activities, ranging from sports to theatre to the independent student newspaper, are successful and enjoyable. The office staff, including counselors and deans, is extremely helpful with any student or parent problem. The school has a diversity level that mimics the national average and everyone is sociable.

My daughter was able to go to college as a sophomore as a result of taking the AP classes ofered at Groves. It has fabulous teachers, courses and extracurriculars. It is also a diverse school, with kids from many ethnic backgrounds all striving for excellence.

While Groves does offer a wide variety of AP classes, unique programs and tons of extra curricular activities, as a college student, I realize that Groves was uninspiring and didn't give me the tools that I need to truely succeed in learning. My teachers were very friendly and always cared and usually were very knowledgable but most of my classes were out of the book instead of discussion based. There are many fabulous qualities that Groves has but in a few words, I would call it caring and rigorous (if you want it to be) yet uninspiring.

Great Teachers. The schedule is great for students. Alot of AP level courses. Great class availability. Small Class Sizes. Great Athletic Teams.

Last modified Wylie E. Groves High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.