Birch Run, MI

Birch Run High School 1

Posted February 02, 2015
This school system has declined greatly since the latest high school principle and superintendent took over. I have put two kids through this school system and would not send another. The principle is not concerned with problems parents have with current teachers. This school does not take time to work with struggling kids. Each year as high as 10% of the high school ends up taking summer school. This school is full of politics and favoritism based on last names. Kids are not ready for college coming from this program. Frankenmuth is a much better option.
2 people found this helpful

Birch Run High School 3

Posted October 13, 2011
I attended Birch Run Schools from middle school through high school. I was active in extracurricular activities and sports and enjoyed participating. I will agree that students who participate are more popular, but thats true no matter what school you attend. I felt no more or less prepared for college at Western Michigan University than any other freshman there. I plan to send my children to BR schools.

Birch Run High School 3

Posted November 18, 2010
i think we have a good school we have many classes we can choose from also unlike most schools we have labs that we can not worry about blowing the school up :) i think we could improve the lunch though but what student wouldnt say that?! :)

Posted October 13, 2010
I graduated from Birch Run High School and went on to attend Michigan Technological University. I feel like I was very well prepared for University. I had a great time and the school offered plenty of oppourtunities to further my education beyond textbook learning.

Posted May 04, 2010
Five stars, students are safe and the academics are the center of the school educators philosophy. Some staff changes that will really help learing

Posted May 04, 2010
Great school - some don't get their way and may not like that We have always been treated well and the staff / principal are very involved in the school.

Birch Run High School 1

Posted February 16, 2009
I have worked at Birch Run High School for the last four years and have seen a great decline in student participation ever since the new principal came to power. Our budget is one of the worst funded that I have ever seen and the food selection appears to have come from a third world country!!! These kids might as well go to Millington. Thank you for taking time to listen to me describe the best features of our schools.

Posted February 15, 2009
I'm a student at the school, and I personally think it is one of the worst places to be. The teachers do not care about the students or the students education. I have a teacher who, honestly, gives us an assignment maybe once every couple weeks. I'm a good student. I'm at school to further my education. I'm going to college, but with the education I've recieved from going to Birch Run schools all my life, I feel that I'm not prepared for college at all.

Birch Run High School 2

Posted January 11, 2009
The principal is making improvements at the high school, but with so many poor quality teachers...how long is it going to take? As my child suffers through with a teacher that is not even an adequate person, let alone a teacher, and she effects my child's education and daily qualilty of life at the school. Until a handful or so poor teachers are corrected or eliminated, life is still a struggle at BRHS.

Posted January 10, 2009
I have 2 children in Birch Run schools and wish I could move to get them out of there. The staff has been nothing but horrible and the administration is WORSE!

12450 Church Street, Birch Run, MI  48415
Last modified Birch Run High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Birch Run High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top