Holy Name School 1

Posted April 09, 2014
This school is terrible. Behind the mask of a welcoming and kind environment there is lazy, self-centered teachers who demand respect from parents and students but give none in return. This school offers a subpar education compared to the schools in the surrounding area, I would definitely not recommend.

Holy Name School 1

Posted March 15, 2014
This school is terrible. My children were miserable at this school. The teachers are mean and there are no help classes for the students. I would not recommend this school at all. My children are now in derby middle coho land much happier I would recommend sending them there. Holy Name reminds me of a prison with the strict rules and harsh punishments. It is a truly miserable place

Posted February 21, 2014
My kids love Holy Name. The kids are so nice and welcoming to new students. It may not have all the bells and whistles of a new school but as long as I know that my children are being given a great education and reinforcing compassion & morals into the leaders of tomorrow, that's what is most important. New computers, iPads, promethium boards etc. There are some wonderful teachers that my kids have experienced. Tons of parent involvement! Great community. Smaller class sizes. Strong curriculum. Lots of sports opportunities. Fun Mother son/father daughter events.

Holy Name School 3

Posted October 28, 2012
Preschool seems very dated in its curriculum. School is very small and parents are SUPER involved--everyone is in everyone else's pockets. Super clique-y. People are nice, but...

Posted March 29, 2012
Holy Name is an outstanding academic experience for children. I switched my child from Birmingham public schools. He has a lower teacher to student ratio, and the curriculum is structured, yet active. He is thriving at the school, and is supported by his teacher and by the wonderful principal and her staff. Highly recommend this school if you are looking for an excellent catholic based religious enviornment and a superlative academic program.

Posted October 21, 2009

Posted January 08, 2009
I do love this experiance for my kids. The teachers are fair and sometimes exceptional. There is a very strong sense of community and family. The parents are kind and inviting and so is the pincipal.This school is about teaching right from wrong and about treating people like you would like to be treated. They don't offer the bells and whistles, but the State test scores are in the elite level.

Posted November 16, 2007
Those previous reviews refer to the past. Holy Name Catholic School has a new administration this year. Our new principal is wonderful. She is creating a warm and positive environment where teachers maintain their high standards and students continue to achieve a first-class education.

Holy Name School 0

Posted September 14, 2007
I am a parent who's daughter attended this school thru 5th grade and then switched to the Birmingham Public School. We have never regreted it. They had no orchestra program no foreign languages to choose from,or many of the other choices available in the 6-8 grade middle schoolsand the facilities are all not even comparable. The public schools in Birmingham encourage more parent interaction. You can still get the religious education after school.

Posted January 27, 2007
- a former student
I love Holy Name! The principal is wonderful and the atmosphere is so great! They are very welcoming and the teachers are very caring. I am a member of the class of '06 and I loved Holy Name! There are many different areas that parents can get involved in. Such as, Reading Month, Hot lunch, and sports. There is also a room parent for each classroom. I highly recommend Holy Name.

Holy Name School