Our Shepherd Lutheran School 3

Posted June 25, 2013
The school structure & most of the the curriculum was very good. My concern was the interaction between the girls especially grades 5 - 8, think of the movie Mean Girls. My daughter is still struggling socially in high school. We are very disappointed with this aspect. At times we regret the choice we made, but my daughter says if not for these experiences I wouldn't be who I am.

Posted March 19, 2013
Our family has been with the school 2008, and we continue to be more than impressed with the curriculum, the teachers, the staff and everyone involved with the school. Our daughters feel safe and loved each and every day. The school is dedicated to strong academics including Accelerated Reading programs, they are also one of the few elementary schools still teaching cursive writing. My children are growing in their Christian faith each day. THERE IS NO OTHER SCHOOL I WOULD SEND THEM for these crucial elementary years. Call for a tour! You will not regret it!

Posted February 06, 2013
I found OSL by searching for Christian preschools in the area. I had five tours scheduled, OSL was my first. I cancelled all other tours after visiting OSL--I just knew it was the right place for my kids. My son has been in preschool there since September and I am SO impressed with the teachers, the curriculum, the love, the caring, and the Christ-centered atmosphere. He gets such special attention from the 3 year-old preschool teacher, you'd think he was the only one in the class (he's really one of 17)! I am in love with this school and couldn't imagine sending my children anywhere else.

Posted January 31, 2013
We couldn't be happier with Our Shepherd. I have three kids that attend and all of the teachers and staff have focused on creating a warm environment that supports learning and Christian education.

Posted January 13, 2013
Our Shepherd Lutheran School, Birmingham, MI, has been and continues to be a supportive learning community for my children and for our entire family. The teachers are knowledgeable, caring, and teach the whole child (mental, emotional, physical and spiritual). The faculty is accessible to the parents, and encourages a team approach for each child. The facilities are clean, beautiful and welcoming, while maintaining the security of the students. OSL has so much to offer!

Posted January 02, 2013
We have sent our children to OS for the last 8 years, and by the time our youngest graduates we will have been there for 12 years. We have had the pleasure of each teacher in the building teaching our children at some point during this time. The custodial staff, lunch staff, and volunteers all have a part in the daily training up of my children. It is the total package. The faculty, staff, and administration made a great effort to ensure Christ is the center of the daily life for my children. I have no doubt that my sons are prepared to defend their faith thanks to the top notch Biblical instruction they are immersed in daily. They do an excellent job of preparing the students for the next step in their education. Our oldest son now attends a college-prep high school and was very well prepared for the class load.

Posted December 25, 2012
I could not speak more highly of Our Shepherd Lutheran School. 5 Stars for Teachers, Principal/Leadership, and Academics. My 2 children have attended for 6 years. They receive superb instruction, in a beautiful, bright, safe facility, equiped with new Smart Boards, a huge/modern gym, and a fabulously equiped playground, with multiple fields. Music, band, sports, art, chess, drama, computers, chapel, field trips, etc. are all offered. Most importantly, all the staff are sincere and dedicated at teaching Christian truths and the Gospel of Christ. They teach God's Word and God's Love and show it in their actions. They are all committed, and want each child to excell, in every realm. I am so happy and blessed to have my precious children in this school.

Posted December 19, 2012
We love the family feel of Our Shepherd. They provide a solid Christ centered education and really challenge parents to be in an active partnership with the school and the children. It is also very challenging academically and provides so many outlets for the children to use their gifts from drama to chess to sports and service activities. It is also so convenient to have so many activities offered right at the school.

Our Shepherd Lutheran School 3

Posted December 03, 2011
My children attended OS a few years ago and I have mixed feelings about the experience. There are a few families that try to run everything and the 'politics' is rediculous. Some teachers were great and some were...not. My one child did not have any issues, but the other was bullied by the teachers. When I transfered my kids to public school, some families refused to let their children associate with my kids any more. How Christian was that? I was also quite upset to find that my kids were behind academically compared to the public school kids. This is a good school for teaching the fundamentals of the Lutheran faith, but I think you would do well to transfer your children to public school for middle school and above. By the way, parents are super-crazy-involved at this school!

Our Shepherd Lutheran School 4

Posted March 17, 2011
My 3 1/2 year old son started in Preschool and Child Care at Our Shepherd last summer after a great experience at Bloomin Tots Lone Pine. The Preschool experience has been 5+ stars. The Preschool 3's teacher is especially loving and attentive. It helps that the class is small. Child Care is very good as well - good staff, defined curriculum, Spanish, etc. VERY well run! It's nice that the kids are separate from the K-8 school but have access to the resources (computer room, gym, auditorium). We are very pleased.

Our Shepherd Lutheran School
1658 East Lincoln Street, Birmingham, MI  48009
Last modified Our Shepherd Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Shepherd Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top