1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Not only did this school prepare me for college it helped me understand my learning disability and how to adapt in order to succeed in the business world also. I had a 1.5 GPA in public school. 2 years of Eton my GPA was a 3.8. I was admitted into the University of Michigan and excelled there with the tools I learned at Eton. I then transferred to Lawrence Tech University to obtain a more specialized program then what UofM offered in my field. My career took off and I achieved great success. I couldnt have done it on my own. I owe my success to Eton because I dont think without the extra help I received there I would have made it even through college let alone a very successful career. I read some of the reviews on hear and I just dont understand where some of these parents are coming from. The years I was at Eton I can truly say for the first time in my life I had teachers who actually cared about me and I wasnt just a seat filling their classroom in public school. They went out of their way to help me and if I needed extra help without a doubt everyone went out of there way to ensure I succeeded. The only thing I could gather is some of the reviews on here are fake because I'm a member of the Alumni board and I'm still active with Eton and this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone having a negative experience. I guess that's what you get for having an open forum for reviews. I strongly suggest anyone who reads the reviews here to take the negative ones with a grain of salt. If you want to know for yourself simply go to the school speak with some parents of current students and ask for yourself. People would gladly speak with you. There is no other school out there that does what Eton does. It's truly one of a kind and for me I owe them a debt of gratitude.

Eton has provided so many nurturing experiences for my child. We are so grateful this school exists, and has been serving the community for over 30 years. They are the experts in learning differences! I don't know where we'd be without them.

Develops character: Strongly agree

We have morning meetings in the cafeteria and mrs. Pode always has a positive and respectful quote in the slide that student will think about if they are in a situation.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They will do any thing to help you out in any way you need help. If you need help getting your grade up in a class they will help you with that too.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

If you struggle with the homework and don't bring it back to school done any teach will be willing to help you do it.

Every one in the one hall way knows each other and gets along together. The teachers connect real well with you. Any teacher will be willing to help you with getting your grade up.

The absolute worst school experience we have ever had, which is an incredible thing to say given that Eton advertised itself as a solution for us after many difficult experiences. Eton advertises itself as a school for kids that are outside the box. In reality, their box outside the cookie cutter box is itself tiny. There is a very specific type of kid that this school is built for, and any kid who is slightly different than that will be left miserable and on their own. I can not stress enough the difference in attitudes from the school from the time we went in there and got the sales pitch and the tuition bill, until the time my child was enrolled and was having extreme anxiety, learning nothing, left alone trying to navigate social situations with kids who had extreme social issues, etc. etc. Ultimately when the school did not pan out they were of no help in finding another alternative or helping our situation in any way. If they cant use your child as a poster for their turnaround efforts - which in most cases they can not - their plan is to cut and run. Terrible, terrible place, and such a shame that the most vulnerable students and parents are the ones subjected to it.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It has been many years since I decided that Eton Academy was not the school for my child. However, I found the teachers were effective to the environment and setting of Eton Academy.

Amount of homework: Agree

As I recall, I did not have a problem with the homework. I had a problem with the differential treatment.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Eton Academy did not show fairness in its students. They had their favorites and truly made a difference with my son and it was not favorable. Because I had a great support team (his psychologist, school administrators who were my friends) they helped me review their grading system and feedback and make yearly decisions regarding his education and school placement, We all agreed that Eton Academy was not fair or honest or had integrity regarding my son and he should be removed. I was extremely disappointed at Eton Academy especially with a $20,000 tuition rate. The sad part is that there are not many options to choose when your child has a learning difference. I truly believed that the 7 students to 1 teacher ratio, I could not go wrong, but the difference of treatment and dedication to each students is painful to experience when your child is already at an disadvantage.

Last modified Eton Academy is a Private school that serves grades 1-12