Bad
Good

Pierce Elementary School 1

Posted November 23, 2014
So much favoritism in this school! We are moving to the Pembroke District due to the problems we have encountered with the Pierce teachers and stuck up rich students. My child needs a learning environment, not a bullying environment, we are not rich, just middle class.The teachers have their pets, if your student is not one of them, then good luck.

Posted August 22, 2013
Knowledgeable teachers, very open and friendly principal and involved parents. Very well situated in a green and safe environment.

Pierce Elementary School 3

Posted August 18, 2013
I had 3 of my children go to that school we recently moved , I have to say that they are racist , and whoever has more money has a say here . The principal does nothing . Some staff is very rude . And I don't find some teachers even teaching my kids came with homework of things they didn't teach them . They want us as parents to teach them at home that's ridiculous if you are a so called great school .

Pierce Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2013
Academically this school was great for my child. She is really prepared for middle school but I am happy she is finished with Pierce. The principal does NOTHING in regard to bullying situations. He picks and chooses whom he prefers to associate with. He is a clueless, cowardly man who forms his opinion on solely what he thinks. He was the one and only thing I despised at that school.

Posted July 09, 2013
Great school. I had two kids go through Pierce. They are both very different students and both were prepared for middle school. Focus is beginning to shift to be more thinking skills then just memorizing facts. Has a wonderful ESL program that gave my girls an opportunity to meet and become friends with other kids from around the world. Almost all the teachers are high quality. Leadership strong.

Pierce Elementary School 2

Posted June 10, 2013
We moved to Pierce from another state. Everyone told me how great the Birmingham schools were, but I'm quite unimpressed, at least at the elementary level, which is the level in which we have a student. We came from a very academically challenging school, and Pierce is laughably easy. My third-grader is being given work that she honestly did in the first semester of first grade. The test scores on schooldigger.com & the B'ham district website are very telling, too. (Greatschool's reports are delayed by a year.) Last year, when the MEAP changed to be nationally-normed rather than Michigan-normed, all B'ham schools saw their scores plummet, including Pierce. (Only Covington, the STEM school didn't.) Pierce is a safe, loving school, but my child isn't really learning anything new besides Spanish. We are looking to move to the west side of the Troy district where scores are higher than even at Covington and the student population more diverse. (The two are related, given the higher population of immigrant engineers in Troy.) B'ham might have cache, but I think the schools have a case of the Emperor's New Clothes.

Posted September 14, 2012
Great teachers! The parents are all helpful not demanding and crazy...I'm enjoying my expierence with the school and so is my child.

Posted February 09, 2012
My son is enjoying his second year at Pierce and I feel the principal and staff are amazing. There is a sense of community and academics that I have never seen before. The foodservice team, librarians, special education professionals, counselers and everyone at the school are always helpful, kind and responsive. Tons of parent involvement means the kids have great role models all around them, all the time from the staff and the great parents.

Pierce Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2011
The principal is arrogant and non-responsive, a careerist interested in social gatherings rather than academics.The assistant principal is a non-presence. Parents should note the rate at which top teachers are leaving.

Posted April 25, 2011
My daughter has been at Pierce for three years. In that time, I've been extremely happy at the quality of learning she has received. She has been challenged in areas where she excels--beyond her grade level. She feels at home in her school, and looks forward to going every day. That says a lot about the involvement by the faculty in making Pierce a safe, fun, and interesting place to learn. Personally, I enjoy volunteering as a way to meet other parents. One substitute teacher commented that she'd never been to a school with so much parent involvement!

Pierce Elementary School
1829 Pierce Street, Birmingham, MI  48009
Last modified Pierce Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.