Birmingham, MI

Roeper City and Country Upper 1

Posted July 01, 2015
My experience at Roeper has been actually quite amazing... until middle school. My lower school experience was amazing (thanks in part by the head J.J. Morrow, when he left part of the school spirit left too), middle school just seemed unorganized. From going to my head with concerns of teachers not following the philosophy, to going to my head with concerns of students saying they are going to cut girl's lips off so they cannot kiss any other guys; going into the office made me realize at Roeper you can use your voice, but nothing will happen when you use it. The administration is completely immature and the board serves no purpose, as when you have an issue there is no where to turn. If you have a problem, you will most likely be kicked out of school. In the past five years, Roeper has turned into a different school, completely to the fault of the administration.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 01, 2015
I have had two good teachers at the middle school, the rest are utterly mediocre for such an expensive place. Doing work sheets is not what we should do, busy work is ridiculous. We want teachers who challenge and care about us, and a lot of teachers just don't fit into the Roeper criteria.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted July 01, 2015
I feel like Roeper tries, but again, if you have adults in the community acting disrespectful... then how can students develop respect?

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 01, 2015
As a student, I believe Roeper tries to develop honesty, integrity, and fairness; however, the actions of the administrators in the school show the exact opposite of honesty, integrity, and fairness. How can students learn when their role models are the opposite of what they're trying to get across?

Posted October 21, 2014
A place where kids truly learn. The depth of programming, variety of class options, very small class sizes, and highly qualified teachers create an environment where actual education can take place. Students learn to take responsibility for their own lives and education. I was astounded to see how many of the teachers have PhDs. In many ways high school at Roeper is more comparable to college.

Posted June 30, 2014
I only wish I had a chance to go to this school. Everyone is part of a huge community, and each staff member is dedicated and passionate about what they teach. My daughter tells me she has fun going to school every day, while still being placed in a challenging academic environment where she is pushed to do her absolute best. She is looking forward to go back to school in the fall at the high school, something I'd never thought I'd hear. Roeper is a huge blessing in our lives.

Roeper City and Country Upper 1

Posted April 24, 2013
This school is not very conducive for a child's academic development. The teachers there are very under qualified and do not do a very good job for preparing their students for the real world. The teachers are very opinionated and do not keep their biases/personal beliefs out of the classrooms.

Posted November 07, 2010
A great school for gifted students, excellent teachers, individual attention, strong academics and social emotional support.

1051 Oakland Ave, Birmingham, MI  48009
Last modified Roeper City and Country Upper is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Roeper City and Country Upper Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top