Bloomfield Hills, MI
After care: No

Posted March 11, 2015
I can't say enough good things about this school. We have four children attending and the growth we've seen in them has been remarkable. Bloomfield Christian is a classical school, but structured within a Christian worldview. Students are taught to think and engage the world for Christ. I am confident my own children will be well-prepared for the future because of the education they are receiving.

Posted March 07, 2015
We have 3 children attending Bloomfield Christian School and this school is an incredible blessing to our family. The teachers are challenging but so loving at the same time. They pour themselves into the children so that they are able to grow academically and spiritually. BCS is the only school in SE MI that we would send our children and they love every aspect of it.

Posted February 09, 2015
There are so many things that make BCS such a great school. I graduated from there after attending for 8 years, and I couldn't have asked for a better high school experience. I was challenged academically, and I was taught to think critically and interpret ideas and experiences through a biblical worldview. I also formed the greatest relationships with my teachers and classmates. I was very well prepared academically, socially and spiritually for the college education I am now receiving.

Posted April 22, 2014
I have four children at CLA, all of whom have been enrolled at CLA since kindergarten. My oldest is now in 11th grade. We are extraordinarily pleased with CLA for several reasons. First and foremost, this is a devoutly Christian school where teachers instruct the students in the Scripture not just in the Bible classes but also in all the other subjects so as to develop a strong Christian view of the world. Second, we love the classical model where students are not just taught to regurgitate facts, but are taught Latin to develop their vocabulary, taught formal logic to see the proper relationships between concepts, and taught formal rhetoric so that they are able to express their ideas. Third, the students read the great works of history. By reading these great works for themselves, the students are able to participate in the great conversations that have been taking place for thousands of years. All of this means that the students know God's word, can properly interpret God's word, love God's word, proclaim God's word and defend God's word. We trusted this model 12 yrs ago when we enrolled our first child into the school and we are now seeing the wonderful fruit of that.

Posted April 22, 2014
We have five children currently attending Christian Leadership Academy. I have had the privilege of watching them grow and mature at Christian Leadership Academy under the guidance and nurture of wonderful teachers and staff. Our children have been attending Christian Leadership Academy since the fall of 2006. I cannot say enough good things about the school. The teachers are completely committed to the students and their education. They sacrifice much of their time to go the extra mile to help a student in need. The body of Christ at Christian Leadership Academy is also an incredible group of families who, when the need arises, step to the front to help each other through difficult life situations. I would highly recommend Christian Leadership Academy. My children would be devastated if they ever had to go to another school!

Posted April 22, 2014
I have had two children graduate from Christian Leadership Academy. Both have subsequently gone on to complete Bachlors and Masters degrees. I believe CLA served them (and my family) well and that it is one of the reasons that they currently both are involved in successfull careers. As an educator of over 30 years, I would give CLA my highest endorsement.

Bloomfield Christian School 1

Posted February 22, 2014
My son went to this school for two years, and was made to feel stupid. They grated upon his self esteem. The teachers were unapproachable at the very least. They did not offer my son any help. They just made him feel as though he was not good enough. (Strange, considering this was a "Christian" school.) They wanted to fail my son, which was killing his self-esteem and they seemed perfectly comfortable with that sacrifice. We left that school and are now happily at another Christian School where my son is thriving. Not only did he NOT fail a grade, he is a straight A student, involved in plenty of sports and well adjusted with Christian morals. I would shutter to think what would have happened to him if we had left him in this school's toxic environment. Please research with other sources than the school itself because the program you are getting when you go to interview the school is not as "amazing" as is seems. Do your research before you hand over your cash and your CHILD.

Posted December 20, 2013
My son attended Christian Leadership Academy Kindergarten thru 12th grade. Because of the strong academics that he received he has graduated from Oakland University with a B.S. in Biology. He has gone on three medical misson trips to Guatemala through McLaren Oakland Hospital and wants to become a doctor. He will be taking the MCAT in April and will be applying to Michigan State's College of Osteopathic Medicine. I strongly believe that because of the classical and Christian education that these students receive, they are well prepared to become the best in any field of their choice. I hope and pray that my grandchildren will be able to attend Christian Leadership Academy!

Posted February 07, 2013
I've been a parent at CLA since my son was in kindergarten and am 3months away from watching him graduate with a classical Christian education. Never once have I regretted the decision to send my children to CLA, have I considered pulling them out and moving them to a larger school or homeschool, and never have I considered allowing them to walk a block to the local high school. CLA has provided my children with an education that is superior than the other choices because it's taught my kids to think. It's taught them how to learn and how to question what they're learning and filter it through God's lens. And they've been taught by some of the most intelligent and loving people I've ever had the pleasure to know. If you haven't taken the time to visit this school, the teachers and classrooms, just come on a recitation day or during speech meet and see how these children can stand in front of their peers, fearless, and passionately recite their passages. Come during mock trial & watch them think on their feet. Come during a basketball game & see how gracious they are with each other and their opponents, whether they're winning or losing. Just come check it out. You'll see.

Posted July 05, 2012
CLA is a very special school. It has a rigorous academic curriculum and knowledgeable, caring teachers who love God. My children have just completed their second year there - I love to see them being gently challenged in every way to fulfill their potential. If you want your children to grow up with the leadership skills and the education to be bold ambassadors for Christ, you should highly consider this classical Christian school.

Bloomfield Christian School
3570 Telegraph Rd., Bloomfield Hills, MI  48302
Last modified Bloomfield Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Bloomfield Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top