No rating

Academy of Sacred Heart

Private | K-12

Student diversity

Living in Bloomfield Hills

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $201,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted September 8, 2013

this school is very great for your kids. the rules they have inspire all children to grow and learn to love jesus. all of the kids that go to ASH have a great additude and have the BEST manners!

Posted April 10, 2013

This school applies best learning practices and enables each student thrive to his/her best. I love the ethos - very learning oriented through creative methods, develops the love of academics while fostering a supportive and caring vibe among students and teachers. Parents are quite engaged and a good source of support. Research the guiding principles and goals of the school (the whole Sacred Heart network) they are applied in real life there all the time. My kids have a healthy sense of self, care and responsibility to others. I like the small group learning environment the best - as for improvement, would like to see the overall size of grade get larger.

Posted June 26, 2012

Outstanding education because Sr. Bearss is an outstanding leader. Academics are challenging which prepares the high school student for college. Everyone in this school - whether administration, teacher or staff - is friendly and helpful. The campus is very beautiful which is a plus but the administration and staff are far more impressive. 5+ stars!

Posted April 14, 2011

I feel that Sacred Heart is the best kept secret in the area. Excellent academics, caring teachers and an emphasis on the "whole child". The tuition, albeit expensive; is comparable to other independent schools in the area and is worth every penny. I will do whatever I can do to continue to send my children to this school.

Posted March 23, 2011

After having a child at St. Hugo (our parish school) we started searching options for our three other children - and Sacred Heart became a definite clear choice. Education is very tailored, with lots of daily teacher attention down to the individual level. As a parent, it is hitting all my key tenets: developing smarts, confidence, empathy, spiritual strength (doesn't have to be religious per se). Teachers pay attention to needs of each child - and communicate quickly and frequently to parents as needed for rapid reinforcement and implementation. My kids are often marveled at the "small things" I know that they did during the day. Often times the parent frustration with any school are related to unaddressed issues or the lack of response from the teachers/administration. This won't happen here. The parents are quite connected to each other too. If you want to be involved at any level - it is very easy to do so here.

Posted July 1, 2009

Many changes with staff reduction and budget cutting tactics yet tuition was increased. Many letters were sent to the parents anticipate cuts for the student/family. Our students are getting the short end.

Posted May 2, 2009

Small classes and beautiful environment but the academics is very weak. The administration and teachers also do not deal with students being bullied well. For the tuition being paid, the expectation should be much more and it is not delivered.

Posted April 2, 2009

My daughters have attended for years. Good balance of academics, arts, sports, and character building. Great resources, teachers, and small, family feeling where everyone 'knows your name.' Every year I weigh the pro's and con's of tuition and we sign up for another year. One of the other posts seemed unhappy about the sports, but its not about winning or losing. Its good exercise, it teaches my daughter to challenge herself and try something new, even though she's not into athletics. And its mostly after school so there's no requirement to sign up. Its just encouraged.

Posted February 27, 2009

I have seen a remarkable change in my daughter, she now loves going to school and enjoys learning. This school is about the love of learning. This is truly one of the best schools in our area and in the country. It is life changing. The leader of this school is a unbelievable role model and great inspiration to these young minds. It is what all school should strive to be.

Posted November 1, 2008

Lower school- poorly run. Strongly feel student are not being challenged. No test, no graded work returned home. Principal and teachers very laid back and take the easy road. Waste of tuition....

Posted September 30, 2008

I noticed a dangerous trend toward worksheets in place on interactive, best practice. The school seems to put emphasis on sports if you can believe it.

Posted January 7, 2008

I'm currently a student at the Academy of the Sacred Heart and I can firmly say that this is a great high school. Sacred Heart's average number of students attending the high school per grade is less than 50! I've come to personally know each student in my grade without the distraction of cliques. Although only being here for one year so far, I've come to realize how much Sacred Heart has already changed my life and how it will change my life in the future. I've become more confidant about myself and feel that I can make a difference in the world after high school and college.

Posted August 23, 2006

I was a student at the Academy of the Sacred Heart up until a few years ago. I attended Sacred Heart from elementary school on, and it was and to this day is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I came from a public school where students don't receive much one on one attention from their teachers, and this change alone was enough to mold me into who I am. Sacred Heart is so small that you know everyone on a very personal level. People that you generally wouldn't even acknowledge become your closest friends. I found a family within the school and all the incredible people I met at and through the school and I will do whatever it takes to send my own children there. I not only received an education but I learned how to live life as well.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 19, 2006

Sacred Heart is an amazing place that truly inspires learning and confidence in children. Sister Bearss leads the teachers and student body to embrace differences, achieve at the highest levels and to give back to the community. This truly is a unique educational experience that will prepare your child for life.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

• Sr. Bridget Bearss
  • AMS
  • NCACS
Fax number
  • (248) 646-4143

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious