Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school has been amazing for my children! The administration and teachers are caring, welcoming, and supportive. Students are challenged academically and supported when they need the support. I pulled my kids from a private school so they could attend EHMS.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I can only speak about Ms. Kiesel. She's AMAZING! She really gets my son & other parents feel similar.

Amount of homework: Agree

In 5th grade my son does not get homework unless he doesn't finish his schoolwork during the day.

It is our first year here but was worried about 5th graders going to school with 8th graders. It is a non-issue. The school handles it great. 5th graders report to the cafeteria before school so they're not roaming the halls with the older students. My son is not confident socially but has not had any issues. His teacher is AMAZING!

Great school, very involved teachers, parents and students. Forward thinking learning approaches, cutting edge education,

While I agree with the other reviewer on the dismal state of school lunches, I must say that after having two children go through this school it is an excellent school. Middle school is when the kids begin to distinguish themselves if they excel in certain areas, and the school and district provide opportunities for those children. The staff is both dedicated and caring, and I have personally found teacher and administrator communications extremely easy. On the occasations when we had issues, they were addressed immediately and effectively. The counselling staff has been a great resourcs, and everyone from the office staff to the teachers are open, helpful and approachable. This school like many others is challenged with the diverse student population. I see that as a positive, because it reflects real life. My child has benefitted from having peers with learning disabilities, physical challenges, and different ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds.

Right now, I have to say that I am not very impressed. Let me start with some trivial issues. Upon escorting my daughter into school, I learned that the students have the option of having freshed baked chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. Chili cheese fries are offered everyday of the week as are icecream bars and soda. At what point does common sense override profit? On a more important note, my fifth grader hardly has homework. There has been no real emphasis on the importance of hard work or studying. Teacher/parent communications, in my particular situation, are at best poor. I would like to know when my kid is having a test, even if it is an open book test (which seems to me opting out of teaching) or notice of a project before the week that its due.

The teachers are wonderful and dedicated however there needs to be some type of charachter devolpment and ethics incorporated into day to day classes,there are a lot inappropiate things going on that no suspension will ever cure.

The teachers are so fun to be around. There is a strict time for learning, but it is also fun at times. Mr Jasin totally rocks.

Last modified East Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.