Bloomfield Hills, MI

Posted October 28, 2012
In September of 2012, we moved to Bloomfield Hills -- a decision I made specifically because of the exemplary school district. As a result, my son Michael was "the new kid on the block" entering 4th grade. I'm not sure who was more nervous... me or my son! When I contacted the school to schedule a visit prior to the first day of school, I was fortunate enough to speak directly to the Principal. Mrs. Leticia Tappin, who was incredibly empathetic, professional, and most welcoming! In spite of her leg injury, she happily gave us a personal tour of the school and sent an e-mail to other parents encouraging them to invite Michael for a play date with my son. The other parents responded immediately! As a result, Michael met two new friends before he even started school which made his transition to Eastover warm and welcoming. Academically, he is perfectly challenged and surrounded with an inspiring and dedicated group of teachers. The parent community is involved, friendly, and completely supportive of the school. As I tell everyone, I couldn't ask for a better school or environment for my son's 4th grade experience. Eastover Elementary gets five stars from this family!!

Posted October 14, 2011
Our family has just sustained a flood of challenges, including both my husband and I losing our jobs, losing our home in another district and moving in with extended family to survive until we can get back on our feet financially. Our 6-year-old son entered Eastover with all this baggage and the staff and teachers have been absolutely amazing... caring, dedicated, attentive and encouraging. Mr. Gayta, in particular, is one of the most impressive education professionals I've ever met and we feel tremendously grateful to be in the competent hands of the Eastover Team. A thousand times, Thank You!

Eastover Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2011
I have two children who have attended Eastover, and the school has done an excellent job in educating them. The principal is very professional, interactive, and sets a learning and family environment. I was visiting the school one day and as the students were leaving she called each child's name. I was amazed! The teachers are wonderful and foster a great relationship with each student and parent. They help every child to achieve and do their best. The school also teaches "SOAR" which means "Self control, On task, Acceptance, Respect" ! This is an awesome school! Eastover Eagles!

Posted July 21, 2010
In response to "This school truly has taken on a different light since the new Principal": I have been an Eastover parent for almost 5 years with my oldest of two children being an Eagle since full day Kindergarten/EDK. Eastover is has a nationally ranked curriculum and as such like any other school its education largely depends on the faculty & Parent involvement. At this age our children are like sponges and obtain knowledge from a host of environments. We have found that Eastover staff has been both exceedingly competent and the education has compared to that of a highly priced private schools - Country Day and Cranbrook. If you are a parent that is looking to find day care in an elementary school then look elsewhere- Parents are asked to be involved in field trips and homework activities! As for the new administration I personally believe that she is do a GREAT job! She was out on medical for several months after the school year began however once she returned we have seen Major improvements to the schools program. In SUM: Parent must spend more time parenting and help educate at home- Good Job Eastover Staff and Students-

Eastover Elementary School

Posted November 25, 2008
This school has a wonderful feel from the teachers and parents. The community is warm and welcoming. It almost feels like a private school within a public district. The only negative would pertain to the current principal-she is quite defensive and doesn't exude 'warm and fuzzy'.

Eastover Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2007
This school truly has taken on a different light since the arrival of a new principal. The school's philosophy tends to be reactive instead of proactive. The curriculm is fair to good but that is the most positive statement I can make.

Posted April 27, 2005
This school is fantastic! My daughter is in her fourth year there and has had phenomenal teachers each and every year. The music, art, gym, Latchkey programs all are outstanding and the parents are extremely caring and involved. The principal, Marcia Gibbens, is great! She knows all of the kids and parents, and makes everyone feel important. Also, the office staff is excellent. Great experience thus far!

Posted August 28, 2004
Sally Brown is a fabulous 2nd grade teacher!

Eastover Elementary School
1101 Westview Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI  48304
Last modified Eastover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastover Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top