Bloomingdale, MI

Bloomingdale Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
This school is a great for for us. A small community that works together for the best of the kids. The teachers are all happy and helpful, making sure the kids do the best they can in every aspect of life. They all seem to work together as a team to make sure every child is learning the best they can.

Bloomingdale Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2009
I find that many of the teachers are excellent but that the general student body lacks drive. I feel that the school doesn't always challenge kids and allows the kids to get away with too much horseplay. They should treat all kids at the school the same instead of preferential treatment for faculty children...I hope that they work to challenge our kids more so that they may be the leaders of tomorrow not the lackers...

Posted March 03, 2008

Bloomingdale Elementary School 4

Posted November 03, 2006
I find this school very refreshing from the other schools I have checked out. The staff is pleasent and helpful. I like the fact that it is not sports oriented. There is a good feeling from this school when you know the parents and staff really are working together for each child's best interest. I would like to see more 'specials' though like a spanish class, advanced reading and math for the children who deserve more of a challenge.

Posted October 02, 2006
I have a 2nd grade son at Bloomingdale Elementary. He comes home on a daily basis excited about his day at school. He is excelling at reading and writing (something he struggled with at a different school). As most children do, he loves the 'specials' classes (art, phys ed, music, computers). All of the teachers that my son and I have dealt with have been great. I have seen a lot of parent involvement too; whether it's a packed house on parent/teacher conference night, an awards assembly, or a Halloween party. I've never seen a situation where the faculty has had to scramble because there weren't enough parent volunteers to make something special happen. Over the past 2 years, Bloomingdale Elementary has proven to be a very positive and growing environment for my son. I don't have much experience with small town schools, but this one is definitely a gem.

Posted August 09, 2005
My daughter attended K-5 at this school. I am very happy with the Principal, Mrs. Paquette. She is a true professional leader. Many of the Teachers and para-professionals are excellent and really care about your child and their education. There was only one teacher that my daughter had that just didn't have that extra 'spark'. There are just so many above average teachers there. I always felt welcomed to contact anyone at that school about any concerns I may have had. I would recommend this school to others.

Bloomingdale Elementary School
307 East Willow Street, Bloomingdale, MI  49026
Last modified Bloomingdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bloomingdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top