Bad
Good

This school is a great for for us. A small community that works together for the best of the kids. The teachers are all happy and helpful, making sure the kids do the best they can in every aspect of life. They all seem to work together as a team to make sure every child is learning the best they can.

I find that many of the teachers are excellent but that the general student body lacks drive. I feel that the school doesn't always challenge kids and allows the kids to get away with too much horseplay. They should treat all kids at the school the same instead of preferential treatment for faculty children...I hope that they work to challenge our kids more so that they may be the leaders of tomorrow not the lackers...

I find this school very refreshing from the other schools I have checked out. The staff is pleasent and helpful. I like the fact that it is not sports oriented. There is a good feeling from this school when you know the parents and staff really are working together for each child's best interest. I would like to see more 'specials' though like a spanish class, advanced reading and math for the children who deserve more of a challenge.

I have a 2nd grade son at Bloomingdale Elementary. He comes home on a daily basis excited about his day at school. He is excelling at reading and writing (something he struggled with at a different school). As most children do, he loves the 'specials' classes (art, phys ed, music, computers). All of the teachers that my son and I have dealt with have been great. I have seen a lot of parent involvement too; whether it's a packed house on parent/teacher conference night, an awards assembly, or a Halloween party. I've never seen a situation where the faculty has had to scramble because there weren't enough parent volunteers to make something special happen. Over the past 2 years, Bloomingdale Elementary has proven to be a very positive and growing environment for my son. I don't have much experience with small town schools, but this one is definitely a gem.

Last modified Bloomingdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.