Posted May 07, 2013
We moved from a school with the reputation of excellence in the Cincinnati area to come to Scranton Junior High area. I was worried about moving to another state and school. I struggled so hard to get accommodations in the past and had difficulty getting educators on the "same page" in Ohio. Coming to Scranton was like a breath of fresh air. I have NEVER found a school more caring or eager to help my child. Most of the teachers I found were dedicated to teaching and advancing the children in their classrooms. I can proudly say that my child is a straight "A" student for the first time not one marking period but two!!! My child is reaching his full potential here. I see negative responses in prior reviews for Scranton and all I can say is that student and parent involvement fosters a good relationship with teachers and staff. This is what happened for me here at Scranton and I saw lots of hard work on both ends. Of course your going to always find that teacher who doesn't feel impassioned about their work any where but the same goes for parents and students. Looking at the caliber of the majority of teachers and staff at this school I would highly recommend Scranton for your child.

Scranton Middle School 1

Posted April 25, 2013
I currently attend Scranton Middle School, and I have not been impressed at ALL over the past two years there. Besides from a few select teachers, most of the staff isn't helpful to students and their education or the topic of bullying. Their ways of teaching are sloppy and hard to follow. But the worst part of the school is its dysfunctional after school activities. Don't even get me started on the empty promises of dances and activities. The over-all sanitary rating I'd give it is at the most a 2.5. All in all, I would NOT recommend this school for your child if you want to see them reach their full potential in 7th and 8th grade.

Posted January 03, 2013
Scranton does not provide many academic options, no ways to get ahead (if you are capable and ready), nor many quality teachers that are always willing to help students.There is really no good disciplinary program or requirements of students. Some of the extracurricular sports have quality coaching, and are run professionally, but some are not. Not all extracurricular activities are equally discussed and appreciated. In fact, very few students or staff most likely know that Scranton has a fantastic Quiz Bowl, competitive cheerleading, and cross country team, but all of these are overshadowed by other extrcurriculars. The new principal is actually turning the school around, and it is heading towards being a better environment, but overall Scranton is a somewhat dissapointing school.

Posted October 12, 2012
Scranton is a great school and a real asset for the community. My son has excelled at this middle school due to excellent teachers, an emphasis on academics and social responsibility, and an atmosphere promoting a love of learning. If your child is self-motivated, they will really enjoy the Scranton experience. And for those that struggle, there are many programs in place to help them achieve. I am amazed how well the school is run with that many students. I would recommend Scranton to anyone.

Posted March 01, 2012
Scranton utilizes social and academic aspects fairly well, although the staff-student relationship is very poor. The teachers do not emphasize discipline in everyday work at all, which makes up a fairly poor learning environment, depending on the student. It can be very hard to concentrate in class when your peers and teachers do not support a hard working environment. The new 2011-2012 grading system is atrocious as well, because it poorly correlates with their online grading system. Overall, it is a pretty fun experience, other than the fact that the school poorly manages its academic structure. I am somewhat disappointed.

Scranton Middle School 1

Posted August 08, 2011
I have had both my daughters attend Scraton.onin the past two years. One needed some special ed support the other did not. Both of them did not get the support needed from the school. The class rooms were to large to get the help needed, the teachers are over worked with so many kids that they don't have the time to spend on any one child. We ended up taking them both out in the middle of the school year to attend a different a school.

Posted June 15, 2011
Scranton Middle School has great teachers and extracurricular activities. You have fun but still learn a lot.

Posted October 15, 2008
We moved into the district 2 years ago. We were told the district was going to be a good school, not the best but good. Upon moving, we found the schools to be a complete disappointment. The entire district is the problem here. If your child needs special services from this district, good luck. Their educational structure is poor, teachers are inconsistent in their ethics, policies, and are unprofessional.

Scranton Middle School 4

Posted August 28, 2008
As a new parent entering the Brighton School System, I have to say I was greatly impressed with the reception my daughter and us as parents received. We are doing school of choice and have many schools from which to choose and by far Scranton with the many different extra curricular activities from which to choose. Along with the core studies. We are very excited to be a part of this school and look forward to a successful year.

Posted January 13, 2008

Scranton Middle School
8415 Maltby Rd, Brighton, MI  48116
Last modified Scranton Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scranton Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.