Burton Glen Charter Academy 4

Posted September 15, 2014
My daughter started this year and she loves the school and the staff. Her teacher is nice and the administrators have been very accessible. The principal stands at the front door every morning saying hello and they had a coffee with her last week for the parents. I love the school!

Posted September 15, 2014
Participated in the car show at this school. Was very impressed with the staff and community involvement. Student enrollment and school tours were taking place during the event and everything was well organized. Have referred families and they are very pleased.

Posted September 15, 2014
This school is great! I know a few of the staff members and I know that they strive for academic success for all their students. Considering the influx of students coming from public schools that have closed in this area I believe this school has become a pillar in a somewhat hopeless area. The principal spends countless hours trying to make sure the school and it's students reach their full potential. I support them 1,000%!!!!

Posted September 15, 2014
Burton Glen Charter Academy the staff that I have met has been excited about teaching and working in the area. The principal and staff gives motivation to the students. The students are important they are being motivated to succeed.

Burton Glen Charter Academy 1

Posted August 18, 2014
They dont teach the things that kids need to know. You will find out that your child is at a 4th grade level when they was on the honor roll at Burton glen all year for 7th grade. The principle will tell you different things in the same day if she dont know you that it was you she talked to earlier. And when she finds out she tries to say it was your mistake.

Burton Glen Charter Academy 2

Posted August 17, 2014
Burton Glen used to be a fabulous school. Our children attended for many years, but last year will be our last. Frequent leadership changes over the past years however, have led Burton Glen into a situation where the school has become a haven for dysfunction, and gross misbehavior of students and some staff members. The school has suffered under a string of principals that do not possess the necessary skills to keep the school running as it should. The principal should realize that parents talk, so if she tells one parent one thing, and another parent another, that she is looked at as being not credible to put it nicely. I do feel that many of the teachers really care, but are limited in what they can do because of the principal and other misbehaving students.

Burton Glen Charter Academy 1

Posted August 16, 2014
Watch this school closely! Burton Glenn tries very hard to "keep up appearances", and to look good on paper, but in reality your student will probably leave this school hopelessly behind when trying to transition to another school. Report cards look great, but the school tries to teach only what is projected to be on state standardized tests in an attempt to raise its scores. Administratively, Burton Glen lacks in the leadership that it takes to build a strong and successful school. I believe for Burton Glen to be successful, a seasoned and qualified administrative team needs to be put into place, an actual emphasis on moral focus principles.

Burton Glen Charter Academy 4

Posted October 25, 2013
The teachers are a little more attentive to the students. My oldest like to draw when he's bored and his teacher has implemented drawing in his classwork to keep him on track.

Burton Glen Charter Academy 3

Posted September 10, 2013
my 5 year old hasn't come home once with anything bad to say. Love this school.

Burton Glen Charter Academy 2

Posted September 07, 2013
My son started kindergarten and this is his first week. He has got lost or/and left behind twice. I dont feel my son is safe at this school. When i asked the teacher about it she couldnt remember what happened or where they were. It was only one day ago. This really concerns and worries me. I am looking for another school to enroll my son. My

Burton Glen Charter Academy
4171 East Atherton Road, Burton, MI  48519
Last modified Burton Glen Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burton Glen Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top