Bad
Good

Bentley Senior High School 4

Posted August 23, 2014
I am a Bulldog mom. I am also a bulldog graduate. My education at Bentley was never lacking, and neither is my son's. It is a small school with fewer class offerings than bigger ones, but what needs to be there is in place. Opportunities are there and just need to be reached for. The teachers care about their students. The staff do what they can to assist. Parents and the community need to get involved more, and that is the only negative thing I have to say. I went on to become an electrical engineer, and my success started with Bentley. What can your child achieve? Answer: Anything!

Bentley Senior High School 2

Posted June 18, 2010
Bentley Jr/Sr High School has many faults. First and foremost, they're way behind the times. Some courses are still using curriculum from 15 years ago, when state guidelines have changed a number of times since then. In addition, the access students and teachers have to technological resources (computers, projectors, etc.) and other resources (textbooks) is abysmal. Lastly, there is a significant and noticeable lack of student discipline, with administration to blame. The teachers try to maintain behavioral (and academic) guidelines, but adminstration fails to stand behind them at every turn. The teachers at Bentley are caring, hard-working individuals, but overall this school lacks the resources and leadership it needs to help students to be successful, responsible people.

Posted October 06, 2008
As a teacher here for 10 years now, I see the district as one that has drastically declined in average household income level. This has created a downhill effect on funding for the schools. Low parental involvement stemms mostly from the fact that there are several single parent housholds that are just trying to keep a roof over their heads. The teaching staff and administration have many hats to wear, as there has been a drastic decline in funding to pay teacher's wages. I resent greatly the comments that teachers are not qualified, as I am one of many who have 2 Masters degrees. We do the best we can with what we have... and that's not much! I give this district a 3 star rating only because other surrounding districts have funding, parental involvement and community backing that we lack, giving them the avenues to give their students the best.

Posted April 15, 2008
My daughter is a freshman, who has been attending Bentley for three years, now. I love the community. The staff is down to earth and there seems to be a lot of parental involvment w/the kids, at least my daughter's little clique of friends. I love Bentley.

Posted February 27, 2006
I've been a Bentley parent ever since our oldest son entered kingdergarten, and he'll be graduating from the high school next year(!). We could afford to move into a 'better' (or more specifically, a better funded) school district, but our kids want to stay at Bentley and we're more than satisfied with that. They've had some excellent teachers in all of the buildings, and especially at the high school. Our kids know that their teachers care about them, because they take the time to really get to know them- and they have the time because of smaller class sizes. We're also very happy with our principal, athletic director, skeet coaches and drama teacher.

Posted October 20, 2005
I don't think it'd be a horrible experiance to go to this school. It has its ups and downs, but overall the people are friendly, I'd say there are a very, very, few people who are not so open to 'new ideas' I.E.:Art programs,non-athletic based clubs, homosexuality, liberal views. It's a small town school that is stuck in the middle of somewhere and nowhere. It's very important that the students try to talk with their teachers in order to really learn what the real world is like outside classrooms. New people are often loved when they come to this school.

Bentley Senior High School 4

Posted September 13, 2005
Well obviously you went to a wonderful high school,seeing as you can spell cherish. I think Bentley is a warm school where the kids all know each other and work together.

Bentley Senior High School

Posted September 10, 2005
Yes, this school is a class C school. For years the community wouldn't pass a bond or milleage, leaving the board of ed. no choice but to start cutting things (ie Busses which are now back in use) The school doesn't offer AP classes, but as stated before it is a small school without alot of money to work with. Yes there are parents on here saying how horrible of a school it is, but those parents could very well be the ones who voted no on bond issues, merging of schools, anything to help give the students more. If you are looking into this school, go take a look for yourself. See it first hand, before you decide to bash the school too.

Posted September 01, 2005
This school is a great school. My daughter goes to bentley and absolutely loves it. I'm very satisfied with the improvements bentley has had.

Posted August 22, 2005
I think Bentley Senior High is a very improving school, im looking forward to seeing our scholl exel in our atletics programs, the school is a very good choice for your sdudents to be attending in a couple of years.

Bentley Senior High School
1150 North Belsay Road, Burton, MI  48509
Last modified Bentley Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.