Genesee Christian School 2

Posted August 11, 2014
Our children have been attending GCS for two years now. We have been so disappointed in just about everything. The religious non-sense that has nothing to do with real life. The bullying that goes on is horrible. The dress code, that again, is not real life. We came here hoping our children would receive a good education while also, building a strong biblical foundation. It has been a bunch of religious rules. People caught up in ideas that have nothing to do with having a relationship with Christ, let alone a solid education. They actually try to tell you what you are and are not allowed to listen to in your own vehicle while on school grounds. My oldest daughter was pulled out of class so many times for not dressing to code. Absurd things, like too much of her shoulder was showing, or too much of her back was exposed through the crocheted design on the back of her shirt. This is NOT Christian education. This is a sad and twisted representation of who Jesus is. Where is the joy and love of Christ? Sadly, I could not recommend this school to anyone. John the Baptist wouldn't have passed their religious rules and regulations and would have been turned away.

Posted January 04, 2013
My son is a new student this year. I cannot say enough wonder things about the staff and administration at this school. The homework and classes are very intense and there are high expectations of all students in their learning and walk of faith. If a solid Christ centered education is what you are looking for, I highly recommend Genesee Christian.

Genesee Christian School 1

Posted February 19, 2012
Genesee Christian was a terrible experience, far from pleasant . I came to the US with my family from Mexico and attended 2nd grade through 7th. I experienced many humiliations while attending this school. I was different from everyone, and NO ONE in the school system reached out to make me feel comfortable. I was shy and reserved compared to the other kids. It seemed everyone was stuck in this weird persona of being outgoing, into sports, and "perfect". or else you were an outcast. No one knew how to deal with different personalities, absolutely no cultural competence. It literally felt like being trapped in a box full of clones.Thank God my parent's pulled me out after I had literally no friends or faculty I could rely on and fully developed social anxiety. I began attending Grand Blanc public schools and was exposed to different personalities, thoughts, experiences, and beliefs that helped me compare myself and find who I am. I made friends and had people I could relate to that helped me cope with my anxiety, I was accepted for being me. The public school system prepared me far better for the real world than this school.

Posted June 12, 2011
We've had our son enrolled for the past two years and have loved the school!

Genesee Christian School 4

Posted June 06, 2011
I am trying to remember the name of my first grade teacher I had. My friends and I were talking about stories from elementary and I could not remember the name of my first grade teacher. I graduated in '09, so I guess I was in first grade during 1998. Can someone please help me?! Thank you so much in advance, this is really bothering me that I cannot remember.

Posted June 01, 2010
My son has attended GCS for three years (since Kindergarten) and will be returning next year. The academic programs here are outstanding, and the teaching staff is very engaged. As a result, my son is farther ahead than his public school counterparts. I am thrilled that we chose this school, which has been instrumental in helping me develop a child who is bright, inquisitive, and compassionate. It was important to me to have my child attend a christian school to support the morals and integrity we try to instill in him, and to have like-minded people (both other families and the staff) to support those efforts.

Posted March 20, 2009
My son started this year as a Junior. He is very happy and so are we. Great education staff and friendships.

Genesee Christian School 0

Posted July 28, 2008
I attended GCS K-12th grade. I truly enjoyed my school years. I was more than prepared for college. I was able to test out of several classes and was even given an athletic scholarship. I truly believe I am a better person for attending this school.

Posted July 22, 2008
We have three children attending GCS. I can only speak for the elementary, as that is where our children are in attendance, but I must say, every teacher we have had so far is superior. They are selfless in their giving to our children. It is most definately a ministry and that is evident as they are constantly in service to their students. The new administrator is wonderful and I believe he will take the school leaps and bounds above where it has been in the past. I am grateful to have my children there.

Posted January 23, 2008
I have 3 children in GCS and i am extremely happy with this institution. There has been a change in leadership which needed to take place. The new administrator/principal is an outstanding leader, communicator and educator. This is a Christrian school. They have a high biblical and moral standard which is why I chose to pay for schooling and not use public schools. The education is certainly advanced over most public schools and they have excellent extra curricular programs. I highly recommend this school to those who are looking for a Christian school environment for their children.

Genesee Christian School
1223 South Belsay Road, Burton, MI  48509
Last modified Genesee Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Genesee Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top