No rating

Gladys Dillon Elementary School

Public | K-3 | 331 students

Posted January 24, 2013

Hands down, best school ever! They have an amazing staff! Mrs. Ryan is a very educated woman with many talents when she is not doing all te behind the sence work she is involved in her students everyday actives and Academic performance she make sure all he staff and students have what they need to teacher and learn . I feel like at Dillon my chirldern are not only safe and comfortable but are at a place when they are being taught to achieve greatness!

Posted February 7, 2014

Check out the test scores, and tell me you would feel comfortable putting your child's future here? Yikes! Far below the state average, which is not something to cheer about to begin with. I removed my child from this school after two months. Zero remediation or attention was given to his learning needs. Empower yourselves, you have a choice. You are your child's only advocate. Say what you want about focusing on test scores, if your child doesn't even test average their trajectory is quite limited.

Posted February 6, 2014

My daughter has had a wonderful experience with the caring and supportive staff. Mrs. Ryan seems to know all of the students names and greets my daughter each day. Great school, totally recommend it to anyone who cares for their kids school.

Posted August 28, 2013

I like the teachers and staff however, I don't think they know what they are doing when it comes to students with learning disabilities. I do not think Mrs. Ryan is the right person for the job, there really is no leadership there and when I have been there I do not feel the staff works as a team to make sure that the children are striving, I have also heard from other parents that this school is not where any children with learning disabilities/developmental should go. I have found that they (Mrs. Ryan can be very out of line when it comes to things that are not her business and the office staff to be quite nosey as well. I will however say that Mrs. Adams tries very hard and is very down to earth and realistic about where she thinks your child stands.

Posted August 28, 2013

Not a very good school from what I have seen and heard when picking up my nephew.

Posted August 15, 2013

Fire Mrs. Ryan and the school may have a chance. All Dillon staff are hard workers and care about the needs of each individual student, they need a leader who shares those same principles not a principal with a laxidasical work ethic

Posted May 7, 2013

Dillon Elementary has a very nurturing and supportive environment. My kindergartner felt comfortable and immediately welcomed into the school. I had many apprehensions about my daughter's ability to be academically successful and make friends. I found the teachers to be wonderful. My daughter's teacher communicated to parents frequently and my daughter came home each day excited to tell about her day. I found that the overall school environment was very welcoming from the first time I entered the building. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Mrs. Ryan is a great principal who really seems to connect with students and their families. She was available to meet with me on any concern I had, even before my daughter started her first day. Her interactions with parents, students, and teachers set a positive tone for the building. She seems to really enjoy her job and always has a positive attitude.

Posted December 31, 2012

Horrible school, principal is on a power trip!!! Going down hill since my kid started there!

Posted January 4, 2011

This is the first school that seems to not have any BEHAVIOR problems with my 6 year old. On top of that, My special needs 5 year old has for the FIRST TIME in her life been learning!!! She was considered autistic and/ or mentally delayed due to being in school/ school settings/ preschool. for three years and never even learning how to recognize letters, write her name, idenitfy numbers... etc. This year she is able to point to letters and identify them, sound out small words.... write numbers, count, write her name, write out words and even started counting money!! IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS SCHOOL. They take the time to identify the students individual needs and ENCOURAGE A GREAT ATTITUDE . My kids in return are better behaved and have taken that great bucket filling attitude and brought it home. Sadly we will be moving home next year, but this school wont be forgotten~ GREATLY APPRECIATE EVERYTHING YOU GUYS DO

Posted March 10, 2010

this school has gone way down hill i hatw that i have 1 grandchild there next year it will be 2 short of lwtting my home go into foreclosure i see no way out of the area mrs.ryan trys very hard but the staff and office help are horrible they know nothing about taking care of any child with special needs the whole system is a joke. i might be checking into charter schools my tax money isnt very well spent

Posted June 11, 2009

One of the best elementary schools! Caring teachers, warm atmosphere, excellent afer-school activities!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 7, 2008

This is our family's second year at Dillon and we love it here! The staff and teachers are friendly and welcoming. My oldest daughter is ADHD/ODD/Bipolar and I've never seen a school so willing to work with the child and family on the problems that can develop! Awesome after-school programs and Parent Club, too!

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 40% in 2014.

68 students were tested at this school in 2014.

2014

2013

2011

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

68 students were tested at this school in 2014.

2014

2013

2011

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Source: Michigan Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

African-American 19% 18%

• Gina Ryan
Fax number
  • (810) 591-3835

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now