Byron, MI

Posted September 15, 2013
we left the school district this year and took our kids to another district, it is well worth the drive to the new school, my child was being bullied by the teachers and when approaching the administrative superintendent and the school board they "could have cared less". The superintendent painted over all of the art from the past students that had been painted in the art room, some of which have died and had been a inspiration to the kids. The teachers are only there for pay check and don't really care about if the kids get an education or not. THis is a really pathetic school!

Posted August 05, 2013
just look at the test scores...no other review needed....the fact that we are only 21% and have declined in the last few years says it ALL!

Byron Area High School 3

Posted July 14, 2013
It is very true that Byron schools are small and that the class choices are poor and the classrooms are way to crowded. However the community tried to make changes that would not have increase the common home owners taxes. Personally i enjoy the school and happy i am a student. the teachers are great most of them want you to learn and take time to teach you. A vast majority of the teachers stay after to further assist students. And on top of that they are very one on one with students and consistently ask on ways to improve there teaching to benefit the students.

Byron Area High School 5

Posted December 18, 2012
this school is amazing this school is so small i didnt know it was even there till i moved. the teachers are great and there is nothing wrong with it

Byron Area High School 2

Posted August 12, 2012
I agree with most of these post. The school board don't realize how smallwe are & they want tons of money for improvements to buildings. What about improvements to the teachers. The teachers dress like high school tramps yet condem our students for the same dress. They think they need to be the kids friend instead of a roll model & a teacher. If you are not into sports forget it this school has nothing for you.

Posted March 30, 2011
I have had 3 children attend Byron Schools from K-12 and I HATE the way the school pushes the children through even though it is clear the the child is years behind academically. When my daughter left that school she still used her fingers to multiply, she was lost when it came to all subjects. I tried to beg the teachers to stop pushing her through but their response was "she'll probably catch up soon." There is very little communication from the school as to upcoming events, progress issues, or social issues. As a parent I was not allowed to volunteer anywhere in the school once my child was in the middle school. There are not a lot of classes offered due to budget cuts, and each year it seems to get worse. Putting my children in this school district was a HUGE mistake, two of my 3 children have graduated as lost souls. I wish I knew then to look at school ratings and reviews like you are :(

Byron Area High School 0

Posted January 13, 2009
Byron does have a girls soccer team now and there are many ways for both girls and guys to get involved in sports and other groups.

Byron Area High School 3

Posted December 12, 2008
I was a student at the school from 10th grade-graduation. I'd agree with the comments made about the school's counselor. After graduating I've come to realize what a good counselor does, she didn't do anything for my future now that I think of it. As for the soccer team the school district in general is too small to have a soccer team. A girl soccer team was tried and failed because there just isn't enough interest/athletes to have such a program. Byron is a football school and supports FFA. Overall the school lacks what bigger schools have and is kind of limited. Overall the teachers were great, most coaches were great and the experience overall was good. I liked it but would probably be in a better situation now if I stayed at the previous/larger school district. My classes were overcrowded and that will get worse as student numbers increase.

Byron Area High School 5

Posted August 06, 2008

Posted April 27, 2007
I am a parent in the district and I totally agree with the last post. I think that byron schools need a lot of change! I wouldn't recommend this district to anyone!

Byron Area High School
312 Maple Street, Byron, MI  48418
Last modified Byron Area High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Byron Area High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top